Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new fuel pump ,vent mod, cleaned fuel tank ,new supreme gas,anyone tell me if pcm5 is waterproof or had problems with bogging issues,would really appreciate it if someone out there could help me on this i told dealer all along i thought pcm5 was problem cause it has seen water, dealer installed it right under my drivers seat hanging down on rubber flap any help would be appreciated,been to dealer now 3 times already and like i said if you go a steady speed on gas pedal and dont let off it will bogg down to pretty near 9-11km/h and then take off again on its own and come right out of its bogging and so on,see my post feb 4

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Disconnect the pc5 and see if it still does it. There have been some issues with the pc5's, most of the time it is due to them not being grounded good enough. Check the ground coming off the pc5, make sure it is connected to a solid ground. I would disconnect it first though, that'll tell you for sure.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Have you checked your coils and plug wires. Never seen it on a teryx but I have seen coils have small cracks in them on other machines that would cause a similar problem.

·
Registered
80 Posts
im having a similer problem on my 2014 t2 800.I resealed my snorkels and changed my throttle cable on saturdaythen sunday when I was on the trail it wouldnt get above 20 in low or high and I have an orange light on in the speedometer looks like an engine light.It almost acts like a fouled plug.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Kawasakikidd take a compressed air blower and take the rubber plugs out of the pcv and blow the water out. Any water in there will make it do all kinds of stupid things. Also check the lights on it when its running. They should be green and on steady

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just a heads up on my vent mod,i assumed the dealer when they replace my fuel pump assmbly,that they checked the 1 way valve on the vent tube, just decided today id take it off and blow through it and surprisingly some dirty mud water come out of it, so i blew both ways and ran clean warm water through valve and blew out and put to dry,im hoping that was my problem all along,small amout of water causing restriction and or freezing up ?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Unlikely but if you have the check valve off, go drive it and see if it still does it. It's not going to hurt anything to drive with the check valve off for a few minutes as long as you don't splash water up into it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Why is the dealer not fixing this. Warranty???

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ive had it to dealer 3 times already and its approx 2hour drive to get there everytime,so i just thought id check the 1 way valve its a quick check,and if it still boggs at steady speeds after driving for awhile,dealer it goes again,its too bad cause i love the machine and got alot of accesories on it,i still think its a keeper .

·
Registered
336 Posts
Oh my bad i guess theres only one light! Go for a rip with the check valve out like mentioned above there

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
np bomber its all good i just thought there should be 2 lights lol but yes i will try it without valve next time im out tyvm for info,really all appreciated from everyone here for there help and knowledge

·
Registered
80 Posts
Im not trying to jack your thread but my problem was a wire to the front coil was barely making contact.I plugged the wire in and she purrs like a kitten.I must of knocked the wire loose when I was pulling off the center console cover to install my new throttle cable.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts