Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2015 tyrex4 LE, the bike starts, idles and runs fine for the first 5 minutes or so, but while after those 5 minutes the bike Boggs down when you give it throttle, but idles fine I’ve gone through the fuel tank and fuel pump, haven’t fixed the issue. Any suggestions? I want to try everything I can before I go buy a fuel pump.

· Registered
60 Posts
No Details!!
Mileage, last used when ok running, when did this all start..etc. Things happen over time.
Have you check the plugs? If not tan or close or one is very black replace them both and go from there. Plugs go south unless in some machines using Iridium equivalent plugs!

· Jan, Jun, Oct 2021, Feb 2022 TOTM Winner
939 Posts
One relatively common complaint on these is spark plugs fouling. Another handful had o2 sensor problems.

I have had fuel pumps crap out in other machines. One in my king quad just died out of the blue and I went through a few in my rzr that did work but pressure was low and it ran like more of a turd under full throttle. I used to swamp the rzr and water would get in the fuel tank via vent line. First thing I did with the teryx was rout the fuel vent up high to prevent that.

Complete sharts in the dark. I'd recommend against blindly firing the parts cannon at it.

· Registered
60 Posts
One relatively common complaint on these is spark plugs fouling. Another handful had o2 sensor problems.

I'd recommend against blindly firing the parts cannon at it.
Those of us that have been around the bush a few decades start with the easy stuff. Plugs cannot be 100% validated and unless looking real good and know was on a good run. Start with a new set of plugs. The rest is common sense depending on whats gone on in the last times out. If you were in mud and deep water. Anything goes, from damage to wet connections and water related. Fuel pressure test before considering a new pump as it fairly big job as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts