Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! I have a 2016 Teryx 4 LE with 1900 miles on it. Has ran great the entire time I have owned it. (Bought in 2016 with less than 200 miles on it). It has received routine oil changes every year regardless if the manual called for it or not and have used Kawasaki oil in it. This last weekend I was out on a trip and noticed white smoke intermittently coming from the exhaust along with burnt oil smell. Checked the oil level and it was low. The machine continued to burn oil the whole trip. I am waiting to get it into a shop. Unfortunately everyone is backed up on service appointments for weeks. Has anyone else experienced this? What could the potential issues be? Outside of routine maintenance, I do not have much mechanical knowledge. Hoping its not going to break the bank to get fixed.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Nov 2018 I went thru same issue on my 2016 T2 @ 5900 miles. When we started tearing it down we found 2 small trails of dust in my air intake tube going all the way to the throttle body. For some reason they had tighten the clamp holding the air box to the infeed tube way too tight and the square edges on hose clamp dimple the tube enough you could see light on both sides under the clamp. The piston tops had loads of build-up on them and had to bore 30 over, replace stock valves and guides. While we were in there we also ported the heads a little, put on Trinity full exhaust system, reflashed ECM from ALBA. It's so responsive it's hard to not to play to much and get in trouble. LOL Good luck on your issues

Reactions: Andy>

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All! I have a 2016 Teryx 4 LE with 1900 miles on it. Has ran great the entire time I have owned it. (Bought in 2016 with less than 200 miles on it). It has received routine oil changes every year regardless if the manual called for it or not and have used Kawasaki oil in it. This last weekend I was out on a trip and noticed white smoke intermittently coming from the exhaust along with burnt oil smell. Checked the oil level and it was low. The machine continued to burn oil the whole trip. I am waiting to get it into a shop. Unfortunately everyone is backed up on service appointments for weeks. Has anyone else experienced this? What could the potential issues be? Outside of routine maintenance, I do not have much mechanical knowledge. Hoping its not going to break the bank to get fixed.
Did you ever figure this out mine is doing the same thing

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its still in the shop. They believe it is the piston rings that have gone bad based on what it is doing. They won't know for sure until they tear half the motor down to get to them. Not happy at all. A 2016 well cared for machine with all the required maintenance always being done is now going to be costing me $2500+. I am told the parts are relatively cheap, however the amount of labor hours to tear it all down and put it back together is what is so costly. (n)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts