Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have installed a 2 inch bracket lift and 1.5 wheel spacers on my 2016 t4. what is the recommended offset for aftermarket wheels. I want the same size front and back and would like to go to a 29 to 30 on tire size. mostly use it for trails and mud
STI HD7 RADIANT WHEELS 14 INCH (Fitment: 4/156 (4+3) Matte...)
these are what I am looking at getting. Will this size work?

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
You may rub with a 4+3 offset wheel with 29 or 30s. You can always remove the floor board protectors to help with the rubbing. I would try a 5+2 wheel. I ran 28x10 on 4+3 wheels with 1.5” spacers with no lift and rubbed. Had to install aftermarket forward a-arms. Also 4x156 is not your lug pattern. Look for 4x136 or 4x137. But maybe some else will chime in that is running that set up you want with more info.

And welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information. I was doing a shallow water crossing and hit a hole. gouged a rim and it wont hold air now. Figure I may as well upgrade

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Also be aware that different brand tires measure different. Some 30s are 30 inches and some are shorter and some are taller. Also depends on what tread pattern you go with. The tread pattern can be the difference in you rubbing or not.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You may rub with a 4+3 offset wheel with 29 or 30s. You can always remove the floor board protectors to help with the rubbing. I would try a 5+2 wheel. I ran 28x10 on 4+3 wheels with 1.5” spacers with no lift and rubbed. Had to install aftermarket forward a-arms. Also 4x156 is not your lug pattern. Look for 4x136 or 4x137. But maybe some else will chime in that is running that set up you want with more info.

And welcome to the forum.

5+2 would rub worse than a 4+3 as more of the rim and tire would be towards the vehicle side. You would want a 3+4 or a 2+5 which are fairly difficult to find many choices for the teryx in.

This website gives a great explanation of offset -
wheelpros.com/page/offset-explained/9

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
5+2 would rub worse that a 4+3 as more of the rim and tire would be towards the vehicle side. You would want a 3+4 or a 2+5 which are fairly difficult to find many choices for the teryx in.

This website give a great exploitation of offset -

wheelpros.com/page/offset-explained/9

I’ll stand corrected. . That’s where the wheel spacers come in. They offset the wheel more or I should say push it out if he runs 5+2. I’m not lifted and I’m not running a lift. From my experience on mine I did not have a rubbing issue until I installed 1.5” wheel spacers to my 3.5x3.5 (0 offset) wheels. On trucks the further out the wheel goes (more negative offset) the more rub you have. I know this isn’t a truck too. Been there done that. Haha. Had the same problem on my rzr when I went to a negative offset wheel. But like I said, maybe someone running the setup you want OP will chime in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’ll stand corrected. . That’s where the wheel spacers come in. They offset the wheel more or I should say push it out if he runs 5+2. I’m not lifted and I’m not running a lift. From my experience on mine I did not have a rubbing issue until I installed 1.5” wheel spacers to my 3.5x3.5 (0 offset) wheels. On trucks the further out the wheel goes (more negative offset) the more rub you have. I know this isn’t a truck too. Been there done that. Haha. Had the same problem on my rzr when I went to a negative offset wheel. But like I said, maybe someone running the setup you want OP will chime in.

Yeah I guess offset/backspacing preference is more about the looks and the stance. I' guess if you went wider and rub it must be due to the shape of the floor board protection panel(seems most people need to hammer it in anyway or go with the offset a arms). That said, I have a SuperATV 2" bracket lift sitting on my bench I'm going to install on my 18' teryx4 but haven't yet since my rear tires would hit the Fox shock reservoir without less backspacing on my wheels or 1.5" or larger spacers. My plan is to go with 30x10x14 terrabites and Tusk beadlocks but they only come in a 4+3 so I'll likely need spacers to get the stance I'm after anyway. Ill also be going arched and offset a-arms and Viking shocks so I might just skip the lift entirely and start with the a-arms and wheels/tires and do the Vikings(which adds lift) later as my budget allows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts