Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my bike is acting up with the battery always going dead, i was riding and the EPS light came on and also the diff light while i was driving. This has happened 3 times now and i have put a new battery in and still does it .

Im gona test to see if the battery if the charging system is working but not sure where to start, any help is appreciated... thxs

· Registered
1 Posts
First thing to check would be your voltage at the battery while running it should be 13 volt + . If you are seeing no change in battery voltage from not running to running then a ac output test would need to be done on the stator to isolate your issue.

· Registered
51 Posts
Hey guys my bike is acting up with the battery always going dead, i was riding and the EPS light came on and also the diff light while i was driving. This has happened 3 times now and i have put a new battery in and still does it .

Im gona test to see if the battery if the charging system is working but not sure where to start, any help is appreciated... thxs
Did you ever get this figured out? I am having the same problem with my 2013 model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
4 Posts
I am having the same issue with my 2015, During ride the EPS comes on, oil light flashes. If you turn off the bike you have a dead battery, all grounds are firm and connected. Once battery charged again it drains down again......after checking the multimeter at the Voltage regulator, I found one of the lines to be dead, no reading at all out of the 3 wires. Then I checked the wires under the drivers seat which go to the Stator directly, still one wire dead. My next mover is to tear into the Stator and replace it, this weekend. The Stator was $400 from Rocky Mountain ATV, I chose to stay with OEM to avoid any quality issues as I dont want to do this again at least for awhile....

· Registered
1 Posts

Did you figure out what was causing this? Sou ds like the same problem I'm having. Just bought a new battery, seemed to work fine the first few times we drove it and now its doing the same thing again...

· Registered
1,431 Posts
Simple check is to take a volt meter and check the voltage at the battery with the engine off. Then start the engine and you should see the voltage increase at idle, and then as you rev the engine up the voltage should slightly increase. If the voltage stays the same between the engine on and off, or it starts dropping with the engine running it is not getting charged. Could be the stator itself, wiring and connections, grounds, etc...

· Registered
51 Posts
Finally got this issue sorted out on my 2013 and it was a bad stator. I ran through all of the checks I could find here and elsewhere, with mixed results. One test showed stator was marginal but working, and others said it failed. Finally but the bullet and had it replaced and switched back to the factory regulator. I purchased the stator on eBay from rmstatorinc ($215) and since December it has given me zero trouble (knock on wood). The guy who replaced it said part of the factory stator was charred like it had been on fire. That was a first for him.

· Registered
6 Posts
I am having the same issue with my 2015, During ride the EPS comes on, oil light flashes. If you turn off the bike you have a dead battery, all grounds are firm and connected. Once battery charged again it drains down again......after checking the multimeter at the Voltage regulator, I found one of the lines to be dead, no reading at all out of the 3 wires. Then I checked the wires under the drivers seat which go to the Stator directly, still one wire dead. My next mover is to tear into the Stator and replace it, this weekend. The Stator was $400 from Rocky Mountain ATV, I chose to stay with OEM to avoid any quality issues as I dont want to do this again at least for awhile....

I’ve got a 2015 Teryx 800 . Had it 6 years now and no problems until now. Riding about a month ago and the unit started shutting down lights went dim fan quit working then eventually shut off. I purchased a new battery thinking that was my issue. New battery didn’t fix the issue either. I got a service manual and did multiple test on the unit finding out the stator and regulator were bad. I’ve replaced both of those parts with new OEM Kawasaki parts. I’m still having the same problem the battery won’t charge. The unit will run for a few minutes until it gets warm then will start shutting down. The regulator seems to get hot even though it’s brand new. I’ve checked all wiring and fuses this has really stumped me. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
51 Posts
I’ve got a 2015 Teryx 800 . Had it 6 years now and no problems until now. Riding about a month ago and the unit started shutting down lights went dim fan quit working then eventually shut off. I purchased a new battery thinking that was my issue. New battery didn’t fix the issue either. I got a service manual and did multiple test on the unit finding out the stator and regulator were bad. I’ve replaced both of those parts with new OEM Kawasaki parts. I’m still having the same problem the battery won’t charge. The unit will run for a few minutes until it gets warm then will start shutting down. The regulator seems to get hot even though it’s brand new. I’ve checked all wiring and fuses this has really stumped me. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Have you checked all of the grounds? I remember reading that at least one person found that was their culprit. Have you tested to make sure the battery is still good and it wasn’t killed by the charging system not working?

· Registered
6 Posts
I have checked all the grounds and replaced the battery with a new one. I do have concerns with the battery I’ve read that dealerships have sold lawnmower batteries in place for battery that should be installed and that’s what I got. Would that make any difference or not?

· Registered
1,431 Posts
In reference to the lawnmower battery, all that means is that the size/style/layout of the factory Teryx battery is the same as what many lawnmowers and other smaller engine vehicles use. Not like there are some special electrons or something in the battery that only work on lawnmowers.

· Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,700 Posts
The big difference here would be cold cranking amperage of the battery. If the lawn mower battery were a gell cell battery and of equal or greater cranking amps, then it should be fine. I would not recommend a standard lead acid battery at all

· Registered
1 Posts
Finally got this issue sorted out on my 2013 and it was a bad stator. I ran through all of the checks I could find here and elsewhere, with mixed results. One test showed stator was marginal but working, and others said it failed. Finally but the bullet and had it replaced and switched back to the factory regulator. I purchased the stator on eBay from rmstatorinc ($215) and since December it has given me zero trouble (knock on wood). The guy who replaced it said part of the factory stator was charred like it had been on fire. That was a first for him. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you have to have a special tool to replace the stator?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts