Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 teryx4 I was wanting to put 30 inch tires on it with the stock wheels I was wondering what all I'll have to modify in order to make em fit if anything

·
Vendor
835 Posts
Hey! You'll need forward offset A-arms to fit the 30"s, and you'll also need to remove the recall fender pan. They're going to rub if you leave the fender pan in there. Its just riveted on, so you can pop if off pretty easily. Here's a link to our forward arms: https://www.superatv.com/kawasaki-teryx-high-clearance-1-5-forward-offset-front-a-arms
If you leave the fender pan in there, you can run up to a 28.5 or maybe a short 29".

·
Registered
955 Posts
I had a friend run 30x10-14 Blackwater Evo's on 0 offset wheels (like putting wheel spacers on the stock wheels) with a 2" lift and slightly cranked shocks (gaining a little more lift). He had to remove the recall fender pans/steel liners (recall item on pre-'16 models but '16 and newer came from factory that way), AND the Blackwaters are known to run short so technically it was more of a 29" tire. For example, the 27" Blackwaters on my dad's machine are the exact same size as the factory 26" Bighorns that came on my T4.

I ran 28x10-14 Intimators on mine with the Highlifter lift kit and 2" spacers with slightly de-cranked shocks (lower lift of probably 1.5") and the fronts would slightly rub when turned at full lock. That was with no recall fender pans. Those tires are right at 2" taller than the factory 26" Bighorns. I then installed a set of 30" tires (again, these were a true 2" taller than the 28's) and they rubbed really bad. Even adjusting the lift up to around 3" total they rubbed both front and rear bad....the fronts rubbed so bad that there was no way I could take it on the trail until installing the offset arms.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I'm gonna try a set of 30 in cryptids they measure 28 inches and I have a 2.5in lift coming

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Thanks I'm gonna try a set of 30 in cryptids they measure 28 inches and I have a 2.5in lift coming
28s will run on it with minor trimming without a lift, 30s is going to be to much for the clutch in my opinion, I have come to a stop on hills with 28s and squal the belt a little pulling off, just a heads up, we run in the mtns also, so that makes a difference

1 - 5 of 5 Posts