Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 17 Teryx 4 LE that is stock except a 2” lift kit. I want to be able to go faster 50 mph so that I can keep up with the 1000s when we get on the gravel roads. I run in the snow as well on tracks so the bike gets wet. I am a novice mechanic so I don’t want anything to complicated to install. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
111 Posts
Alba Racing has an ECU reflash where you take out your ECU and send it to them. They do the work and send it back and then you plug it back in. They list that it offers: Extended Rev Limit to 9000 RPM, Extended Top Speed Limit, Differential Lock Speed Limit extended, Altered fuel tables for safer AFR (also paired maps for slip-on exhaust, full system exhaust or stock) and Altered timing tables for better performance. I considered it for the same reason that you're describing, but I still don't think that you will be able to keep up with those other machines due to both top end and overall handling. I don't know how much top speed you would actually gain, but it would be nice to at least cruise at 50 or 55 and not have that limiter surging though.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Most people claim up to the low 60 mph range with the reflash, but I will say it will take awhile to get there. On mine when still on the stock 26" tires it would hit the 50 mph limiter pretty easy. Now with 30" tires on beadlocks you have to push it pretty hard to hit it.....I would have to be on a long flat stretch of gravel to hit 50 mph. But as said in the above comment it would be nice to get rid of the jerky and surging 30 mph in low and 50 mph in high limiter. Anyway, if the rigs you are following want to go 60ish mph you are still going to have a hard time keeping up because of how long it will take the machine to get to that speed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts