Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. New to the forum and new to the Teryx ownership club. My question is I bought this used. It has 30x10xr15 tires on it that are brand new. Rockstar rims and tusk terrabites. Well he never put a lift in. Instead he stiffened the shocks so they wouldn’t rub so bad. But when turning hard left/right it rubs on inner plastics. Would a 2” or 2.5” lift cure these. I’d hate to get didferent(smaller tire). But what’s my best option? Thanks in advance!

·
Jan, Jun, Oct 2021, Feb 2022 TOTM Winner
860 Posts
If you're looking to get a lift and more clearance maybe consider the Highlifter control arms? They push the wheel base out further for more clearance and you get the choice of 2 shock positions so you can lift it 2" or keep stock height. The Superatv control arms are similar but don't have a lift.
Here's a chart from Superatv Tire Fitment Chart - MAX Tire sizes - What's the...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're looking to get a lift and more clearance maybe consider the Highlifter control arms? They push the wheel base out further for more clearance and you get the choice of 2 shock positions so you can lift it 2" or keep stock height. The Superatv control arms are similar but don't have a lift.
Here's a chart from Superatv Tire Fitment Chart - MAX Tire sizes - What's the...
Andy not sure if it’s the clearance. I just wanna get it so the tires aren’t rubbing when turning hard in either direction. That’s why I’m open to any and all suggestions

·
Vendor
1,022 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Adding more lift only provides a minimal increase in tire clearance where they rub (back side of the inner fenderwells). My recommendation would be the forward offset a-arms in the front which move the tire away from that location. The advantage to also adding lift brackets is you could decrease (soften) the shocks back out but maintain the same clearance you currently have.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Adding more lift only provides a minimal increase in tire clearance where they rub (back side of the inner fenderwells). My recommendation would be the forward offset a-arms in the front which move the tire away from that location. The advantage to also adding lift brackets is you could decrease (soften) the shocks back out but maintain the same clearance you currently have.
Thank you. It looks like this will be what I am gonna do. So your saying I only have to do the front a arms then?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Thank you. It looks like this will be what I am gonna do. So your saying I only have to do the front a arms then?
You can only install the front ones. If the rears do not rub than you don't have to install the rear arms also. I ran only the front arms on mine for a short time while saving up to buy the rear arms.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts