Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

2018 Terxy4 lift question.

5K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  Crandizzler 
#1 ·
Is it worth getting the 6 inch Super Lift? Does it cause any other issues? Right now I torn between just getting the high clearance Arm kits or just go with a full on 6 inch lift. The plan was to run a 32 or 33 inch tires with a 1.5 inch spacer. We are also doing the clutch kit from V-force John. I'm currently on a 2 inch lift with 29 inch tires but they are really more like 28s.
Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire Off-road vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
I would probably only do the 6" lift if you really wanted/needed the height and clearance for mud. The option I went with are high clearance arched arms front and rear and then Bandit or 814 shocks. The shocks will give you some lift but ride and handle much better....and the total price wouldn't be much more than the 6" kit. For even slow technical trails the shocks will help since they allow more flex and wheel movement....keeping the tires on the ground really helps with climbing hills.

#3 ·
It really all depends on the riding you do, like mentioned above. If you're doing a bunch of mud riding, the 6" lift is awesome and definitely the easiest way to get ground clearance and bigger tires. Portal are also an awesome option.
Here's a ink to all the different suspension and max tire options you can work with.

#4 ·
I was looking to get a wider stance and maybe a little more wheel travel and ground clearance. I thought about taking off the sway bars and adjust the shocks to make the ride a little softer. Wouldn't this help when rock crawling or going over large rocks or stumps when river crossing. Or would hi clearance A-arms and spacers do the same thing?

#13 ·
Well got the SATV 2 inch lift and A-arm bushing kit yesterday along with only half of my high clearance a-arms. The rears showed up but no fronts or HD ball joints. I thought it was weird that I only got a single tracking # for one box. So now I have to wait and see what KG Powersport has to say today since the arms were ordered through them. Looks like I'm playing the waiting game a little longer. :cautious:

#15 · (Edited)
I might have found some balljoints. Weird though superatv's website still list's control arms as being available. It sucks that Kawi's aren't as popular as polaris or can am. Parts availability seems to be pretty hit or miss from some company's.

#16 ·
Thanks for looking out.(y)What happened was I ordered the front a-arms with the HD ball joints to be pre installed. Since the ball joints are on back order I had told them just send me the arms and I'll get the balljoints somewhere else. I was just trying to same some time by having them already installed on the arms. Not a big deal. I cant wait till I get everything done. Ill post pics and measurements once complete. Im hoping to get it done in time for the elk hunt.

#18 ·
It's too late since you already bought the parts, but was going to say the Highlifter high clearance a-arms have the option to do stock or lifted height without the need to spend the extra $200 on a lift kit. I have the SuperATV front and Highlifter rear arms on mine. I didn't need any lift since I have the extended length Bandit shocks but bought the SuperATV fronts because at the time they were a good bit cheaper than the Highlifter version. A year later when I went to change the rear a-arms the price of the SuperATV version had gone way up and was comparable to Highlifter, so thought I would give them a try. The adjustability on the SuperATV lower arms seems nice, but that is also the most common failure point.

#19 ·
Well so I went ahead and ordered some 814's for my Teryx4. About 3 weeks before they are ready. So now I have a new 2 inch SATV bracket lift I need to sell and I used High Lifter 2 inch lift I need to sell of once I install my new SATV arms. I guess with the longer shocks it gives you that extra 2 inches of lift plus a little extra wheel travel.

#22 ·
How much you trying to get out of that SATV lift kit emiliojr??? I may know someone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.