Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Teryx last weekend and noticed the switch for the lights has two positions for on. When I put them to “brights” it doesn’t get any brighter. Anyone have anything like this happen?

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Did you get the base model Teryx? If so, that’s normal.

Base model has one switch with 2 position.
No high.

LE model has 2 switches with 2 positions and has high and low on both sets of headlights.

If you are interested in changing your stock headlights out if you have a base model. Check out Brute Performance’s headlights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Did you get the base model Teryx? If so, that’s normal.

Base model has one switch with 2 position.
No high.

LE model has 2 switches with 2 positions and has high and low on both sets of headlights.

If you are interested in changing your stock headlights out if you have a base model. Check out Brute Performance’s headlights.

Barefoot, our base model has just one headlight on each side but the light switch has 3-positions and it does indeed have a high & low beam.

The switch works as follows. Push bottom of button for lights off, one gentle push top of button moves the switch position to a center detent that activates low-beam, a second push on the top of button moves the switch another detent that activates high-beam.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Barefoot, our base model has just one headlight on each side but the light switch has 3-positions and it does indeed have a high & low beam.

The switch works as follows. Push bottom of button for lights off, one gentle push top of button moves the switch position to a center detent that activates low-beam, a second push on the top of button moves the switch another detent that activates high-beam.

Yeh. 3 position. I wasn’t counting the off position. I was just referring to the low and high positions. My base model did not have high beams even if you flipped the switch to high. Only low worked. I switched headlights out to a 4 headlight setup and now it works with high and low with one switch.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Yeh. 3 position. I wasn’t counting the off position. I was just referring to the low and high positions. My base model did not have high beams even if you flipped the switch to high. Only low worked. I switched headlights out to a 4 headlight setup and now it works with high and low with one switch.

Okay, got ya.

I just went out to the garage to check my comments were correct. And yes, while shining the lights against the inside of the garage wall it's easy to see that it does have a high & low beam.

Craigooo, if your '18 base model is not showing a high-beam when you switch to the upper position then your Teryx has an issue.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
I played with mine when I first got it and my highs DID NOT work. I’m positive they didn’t. There was absolutely no change in the light when I flipped it. Guess there was suppose to be? I figured it was cause it was a base model and they cheaped out on the headlights. But like I said, switched them out and now high and low works. I didn’t like the stock headlights anyways. They weren’t bright enough for me. And thought it was funny looking with the empty spaces.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No it’s a t4 LE and not a base model. I don’t get why the highs don’t work. I tore the headlight assembly and dash apart looking for a loose connector but I have nothing.... can’t figure this one out.

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,026 Posts
I played with mine when I first got it and my highs DID NOT work. I’m positive they didn’t. There was absolutely no change in the light when I flipped it. Guess there was suppose to be? I figured it was cause it was a base model and they cheaped out on the headlights. But like I said, switched them out and now high and low works. I didn’t like the stock headlights anyways. They weren’t bright enough for me. And thought it was funny looking with the empty spaces.

My 2016 base has hi/low beams on the single incandescent bulb. Can definitely tell a difference at night. There must have been something wrong with yours Barefoot? It should have had both from the factory

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
No it’s a t4 LE and not a base model. I don’t get why the highs don’t work. I tore the headlight assembly and dash apart looking for a loose connector but I have nothing.... can’t figure this one out.
On the LE model, you should have 4 LED lights operated on two different switches for inboard/outboard lights. All four headlights should have a low and a high position. On low, part of the LED doesn't come on and should be easy to spot. It may be that your entire light is coming on all the time? Its also possible they changed this for 2018?

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
On the LE model, you should have 4 LED lights operated on two different switches for inboard/outboard lights. All four headlights should have a low and a high position. On low, part of the LED doesn't come on and should be easy to spot. It may be that your entire light is coming on all the time? Its also possible they changed this for 2018?
Right from the Kawasaki web page:

2018 Kawasaki Teryx LE
Lighting(4) 20.4/10.2W LED headlights, (2) 5W taillights, 21W stoplight

https://www.kawasaki.com/products/2018-Teryx-LE

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2018 t2 le that had no high beam on outside but high on inside . Dealer told me some just come that way . I found a bad wire connection at the switch that fixed it .

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
My new 2020 T4 LE has the same issue. One of the switches has nice sharp clicks when you move it from low to high and of course, it illuminates when on high. The other switch, for the inner lights, clicks on low but is very mushy going into high and does not illuminate and no high beams. Going to pull the dash and fenders this week to put in accessories and will see if there is a switch or wiring issue. Got a replacement switch coming.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
My new 2020 T4 LE has the same issue. One of the switches has nice sharp clicks when you move it from low to high and of course, it illuminates when on high. The other switch, for the inner lights, clicks on low but is very mushy going into high and does not illuminate and no high beams. Going to pull the dash and fenders this week to put in accessories and will see if there is a switch or wiring issue. Got a replacement switch coming.
I hope you are getting that switch replaced under warranty

·
Premium Member
162 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Save you’re time with the dash. It’s the switch. Mine still does it evert once in a while. Just kind of got to the bottom of it. Pushing the switch’s quick and hard seems to always work. But if pressed rather soft it may not work.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Save you’re time with the dash. It’s the switch. Mine still does it evert once in a while. Just kind of got to the bottom of it. Pushing the switch’s quick and hard seems to always work. But if pressed rather soft it may not work.
Can you remove the switch from the front without breaking the rear tabs and without needing to pull the dash?

·
Registered
24 Posts

What lights did you use? OEM?

·
Registered
24 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts