Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had my machine (2019 T2) for over a year now. A ride ago i heard what sounded like a brake squeak?
I have not lifted it yet to check them. I figured i'd buy a set just in case they are needed.
Question: Do i get OEM or aftermarket? The oem's look to be around $120 for both sides.
Is there a crossover part number?
Lastly, i'm fairly sure brakes are NOT covered under the warranty. But, if i lift it and something else is causing the squeak. I'll turn down that path. LOL!!!
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Verify wear. Could be mud/rocks in brake assembly requiring cleaning? 1 yr seems fast to wear out brakes imop.

Reactions: Mudhound

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am close to 1000 or so.
I personally do not think they are needing replaced.
But, if i check them and they do i would rather not have to take the tires off twice.
Plus, I'm really asking about parts. Who's using what?
The OEM are super high. Are they worth it?

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,026 Posts
I am just about to replace my brakes on my 2016 with just under 3000 miles on it. This will be the first set. They aren't gone yet, but I needed to replace the belt anyway so I will do both while I have it torn apart. Will also be replacing diff oils and deleting the CAT. No more warranty to worry about so out it goes! :devil

Unless you are doing heavy mudding all the time, I would say your brakes are probably fine. Having said that, you could probably save money on brake pads over OEM. But when it comes to the belt, NEVER get anything other than OEM.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I buy Chinese, ONLY brakes, nothing more, we ride through a lot of mud which is like sandpaper to brakes, EBC's are like $32 each front wheel, I'll pay $12 a set (for both) and they last as long as EBC's 3 rides, so that's basically 18 hrs, if we ride the sand hills (pure sand which are 100 ft high) one ride..... worth $12 to me! lol

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,026 Posts
I buy Chinese, ONLY brakes, nothing more, we ride through a lot of mud which is like sandpaper to brakes, EBC's are like $32 each front wheel, I'll pay $12 a set (for both) and they last as long as EBC's 3 rides, so that's basically 18 hrs, if we ride the sand hills (pure sand which are 100 ft high) one ride..... worth $12 to me! lol
My original brakes lasted 3000 miles! So obviously I don't ride in the same conditions you do. I replaced the brakes with a brand called "Race Driven" for $32 off Amazon and these don't stop anywhere near as well as the stock pads. For this reason alone, I'll be going back to the Kawasaki brand pads.

Still looking for a power brake upgrade option :big-grin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts