Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone broke a driveshaft yet? I managed to break mine while riding average terrain. It does seem odd to me that the driveshaft would break before the axles.

·
ROCKSOFFROAD
1,435 Posts
Has anyone broke a driveshaft yet? I managed to break mine while riding average terrain. It does seem odd to me that the driveshaft would break before the axles.
How did it break u joint on front shaft or shaft itself
Wow I left mine in 4 wd going down a gravel road 64 mph I didn't even hear it in or feel it bind

·
Registered
564 Posts
I bet it was a driver rear?!!?? Ask me how I know?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Oh crap, sorry. That's a new one there. Was skid plate damaged/pushed up into it? DOubtful. Hmm that sucks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nothing damaged at all. Just the shaft. Clean break just in front of the spline going into the rear drive.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
That's never good...maybe some bad heat treatment that day of production?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I was looking for aftermarket one and can’t find any I’ve been threw 3 in past 4 months tired of them breaking so going to build one way stronger bc these things get expensive when you buy that many

·
Registered
66 Posts
So I was looking for aftermarket one and can’t find any I’ve been threw 3 in past 4 months tired of them breaking so going to build one way stronger bc these things get expensive when you buy that many
So you broke 3 of them already, have they all broke in the same spot? Curious what you come up with. Are you doing it yourself? Please follow up so we can all learn.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sure wish you would give us more info. Like was it stock wheels and tires, or bigger aftermarket stuff? And was it in low or high, and 4 wheel drive and diff lock or not, and what type of terrain? Seems if you broke 3 in 4 months you have been more than trail riding. What else have you broke on your krx? And a picture of the 3 broken drive shafts lined up would help give your statement some credibility. Just like to know more about this is all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts