Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2 seater bogs when ya give it gas if you ease into the gas it will slowly reach too speed but if you stand on it it spits and sputters but doesn’t die. anyone have this problem dealer wont look at it till june

·
Jan & Jun 2021 TOTM Winner
523 Posts
If the vent really is plugged you could to crack the fuel cap open a bit and try it out. But if it's plugged then there's a good chance there's dirt and/or water in the tank and possibly have an effered fuel pump. I don't think these have a fuel pressure test port on them.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
The vent itself does not cause this issue, and if the issue already exists doing the "vent mod" does not correct it. The entire reason for the fuel vent mod is to prevent dirt and debris from getting in the tank. The dirt and debris in the tank can then plug the filter. While I'm not a fan of throwing parts at a problem hoping it fixes it, slapping on a new fuel filter is pretty fast and cheap.......though I would be somewhat suspicious that a 2021 with only 200 miles on it already has enough junk in the tank to cause a problem. A bad of tank of gas from a station, or not being careful when filling the tank could cause debris to get in there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
my 2 seater bogs when ya give it gas if you ease into the gas it will slowly reach too speed but if you stand on it it spits and sputters but doesn’t die. anyone have this problem dealer wont look at it till june
Try running a tank of non-ethanol gas through it. I was having the same problem in my 2020 when it was cold. I switched to non-ethanol and it seems to have fixed itself. Ethanol is a water magnet and the worst thing that ever happened to gasoline.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts