Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
TERYXERISER
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What i dont understand is momentum was on there side the first year car was a hit but instead building on that with a narrower trail version or four seater or even adding some HP they just changed some paint and plastic and bolted on accessories thats already available they didnt even change tires on the trail version

Reactions: AlphaPlex20

·
Registered
9 Posts
Kawasaki and the other manufactures can't even keep up with current parts demands let alone source a completely different platform during this pandemic (or Plandemic ) you aren't seeing any major changes from any of the other manufactures either, maybe next year if things get back to normal we will see additional models and platforms.

·
ROCKSOFFROAD
1,436 Posts
If I was still in the market for a new Teryx I like the looks of the trail package
We still could could get want it all accessories and have a better equipped
KRX with what we already have
The new packages don't have much of a price break
But still competitive in it's naturaly asperated class
4 seater would be good in my opinion if it was short wheelbase like the T 4 or at least same length & room in the back

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I also thought for sure one of the new sxs options was going to be a 4-seater. I agree..., pretty bland assortment of new 2021 models.

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,059 Posts
I was hoping the 3 new models were going to be "Turbo" "4 Seat" and "Narrower Trail" versions. The specs do list slightly different ground clearances though so not sure whats up with that?

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
I was looking to add a narrower KRX to my fleet. But, no dice.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah 2021 models pretty disappointing. They should of learned form their issues (knuckles, etc) and already had a turbo in the wings ready to go.

People can say you don’t need turbos blah blah, but the industry is moving forward and can am, polaris and speed utv (which will be the best car by a long long ways if it comes out as they say) will be leading the way. The kawi, according to shock therapy gurus, has the best suspension geometry of any stock utv...it just needs power...we have a kawi in our group and I’d agree...it’s a great ride but way, way, way too underpowered for ME and my riding. It’s got similar power as the xp1k from 5 years ago. The kawi is light years ahead of the talon...I wish kawi would of pushed the edge and had a factory turbo ready to go:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
182 Posts
With as family centered as this sport is I was pretty stunned the 4 seater didn’t debut. The sales numbers of the rzr 4 are huge. I almost traded my teryx 4 when the talon 4 came out but didn’t when I heard the krx1000 was coming out. So I have been sitting tight but I’m getting anxious. You can tell there is a 4 seater coming because of the plastic and cup holders behind the front seats. Also with the room behind the front seats the 4 seater won’t be massively larger than the two seater. Come on Kawasaki take my money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah 2021 models pretty disappointing. They should of learned form their issues (knuckles, etc) and already had a turbo in the wings ready to go.

People can say you don’t need turbos blah blah, but the industry is moving forward and can am, polaris and speed utv (which will be the best car by a long long ways if it comes out as they say) will be leading the way. The kawi, according to shock therapy gurus, has the best suspension geometry of any stock utv...it just needs power...we have a kawi in our group and I’d agree...it’s a great ride but way, way, way too underpowered for ME and my riding. It’s got similar power as the xp1k from 5 years ago. The kawi is light years ahead of the talon...I wish kawi would of pushed the edge and had a factory turbo ready to go:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I think that for what it was built and geared for, it has no need for any more power. For the riding I do, and most trails here, you honestly very rarely have the opportunity to open it up. I know I'm in the minority on this, but I'm not a run fast, jump far kind of rider. I think the KRX was built for rock crawling (which is why I bought mine) and the HP is perfect for that. Jeremy McGrath kind of proved that in the KOH's. He was beating all but six of the monster turbo machines with his basically stock KRX when he made a mistake and broke something in the front suspension. He fixed it and still finished 29 out of 131, and one of only 33 to complete both laps. By that same token, the low power switch is a joke. Can't imagine why ANYONE would ever use that.
For the turbo/four seat guys, be patient. You know it's coming. If they are as good as the current KRX, Kawasaki is going to dominate the sxs market for a while.

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,059 Posts
Where did you see that at?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Saying it's a let down implies your not happy with the krx as is. I love it. No need for any changes. Also the machine has only been out less then 12 months.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
The 4 seat should be introduced before the end of the year, turbo pretty soon after. Watch the Shock Therapy video on the Can Am rear hubs, Justin spilled the beans on the upcoming KRX's.

I am personally trying to stay patient, have been looking at General XP 4, Turbo S 4, and was hoping for a 4 seat KRX when the disappointing unveiling was done on 07JULY20. For those of us who have a family a 4 seat UTV is a must, no way around it. I am thinking a 4 seat KRX would be just about the perfect golilocks in between the General XP and Turbo S, sportier than the General, more room and utility than the S.

·
Registered
136 Posts
For me the T4 is an ideal size. I really wouldn't want anything bigger for the trails I ride.

If Kawasaki could refine it a little-more power, proper reverse gear,shorter cage and quieter/rear mounted engine I'd probably buy one. A 3 passenger rear bench would be a nice option too. The suspension is good enough for me coming from a clapped out 50" rzr 800.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts