Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys! New to the group. Just ordered a 2021 Teryx 2 S LE. Couple initial questions:

-Ryfab or USA glass windshield?
-Any rear bumpers for the 2 seat other than Kawi’s oem?
-Best winch/plow set up? Leaning toward KFI
-Any companies make a soft bed or hard tanneu cover like softopper does for Tacomas? If not, thinking of custom making one and can post project details
-Best stereo? Pods, built ins, bazooka, etc?
-Best frame sliders and skid plates?
-Do new units need the fuel filter relocation kit?

thanks guys! Adam

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,299 Posts
just my 2 pennies

-Glass windshields are nice, but expensive. But nice! (Get it with a wiper and washer though)
-I have the EMP rear bumper on mine and love it. Solid bumper, but the powder coat is damaged easily
-I have the KFI plow on my T2, works great.
-No tanneu currently I know of. There was a place developing hard boxes, but they were $$$
-No stereo on rides (too loud!), recommend bazooka's if you insist.
-I'm still running the stock skids. Have seen no reason to upgrade yet.
-Fuel filter? Or fuel vent? If vent, check under pass seat. If you have the canister, I believe you are OK

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just my 2 pennies

-Glass windshields are nice, but expensive. But nice! (Get it with a wiper and washer though)
-I have the EMP rear bumper on mine and love it. Solid bumper, but the powder coat is damaged easily
-No tanneu currently I know of. There was a place developing hard boxes, but they were $$$
-Fuel filter? Or fuel vent? If vent, check under pass seat. If you have the canister, I believe you are OK
just my 2 pennies

thanks for the advice!!

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
139 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase, we will be waiting for some pics and a review of the S model (y)
If you're going to plow with it I would also recommend the Super ATV winch mount because it raises the winch up near the radiator and gives a better angle to the plow (and also keeps the winch out of the mud and water a little better when trail riding). I am also running a SATV winch with synthetic line and have been very happy with it so far.
I got a 72" Kimpex Click N Go 2 plow this year and have mixed reviews about it. It pushes snow great, no issues there, but the mounting of it was a pain. I tried mounting it per the instructions from Kimpex but I could not figure out how to make it work. I ended up moving the mounting plate about a foot forward and made my own holes and was able to get it to work. What drew me to the Click N Go was the high lift height and the ease of attachment and angle adjustments. The angle adjustment foot lever is nice but it is bit finicky to get locked it which can be a pain. If I was going to do it again I think I would look at a plow with the front mount as opposed to the under carriage mount. Under carriage mount is strong and durable but with the front mounts you still get the high raise height and I think you could leave the mount on all year, where this one I will want to remove it all in the spring to get ready for trail riding.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
The KFI that I have mounts more to the front. I leave the mount on year round as it doesn't interfere with my riding at all. You bring up a good point about the winch, it does work a lot better if you can mount it high. I have the SuperATV bumper that is perfect for that. Is this high enough for you?

·
Registered
10 Posts
What is the ETA for your S LE? My local dealer said he won't have any in until the end of March. Curious how the wheel travel helps the ride quality and how hot/loud it is since Kawasaki added insulation from factory now.

I plan on purchasing a 4 seater S LE in fragment gray camo in the next couple months.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
I too am very interested in the S model. Already working on getting my finances in order for a next spring purchase of a new T2-S (y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats on the new purchase, we will be waiting for some pics and a review of the S model (y)
If you're going to plow with it I would also recommend the Super ATV winch mount because it raises the winch up near the radiator and gives a better angle to the plow (and also keeps the winch out of the mud and water a little better when trail riding). I am also running a SATV winch with synthetic line and have been very happy with it so far.
I got a 72" Kimpex Click N Go 2 plow this year and have mixed reviews about it. It pushes snow great, no issues there, but the mounting of it was a pain. I tried mounting it per the instructions from Kimpex but I could not figure out how to make it work. I ended up moving the mounting plate about a foot forward and made my own holes and was able to get it to work. What drew me to the Click N Go was the high lift height and the ease of attachment and angle adjustments. The angle adjustment foot lever is nice but it is bit finicky to get locked it which can be a pain. If I was going to do it again I think I would look at a plow with the front mount as opposed to the under carriage mount. Under carriage mount is strong and durable but with the front mounts you still get the high raise height and I think you could leave the mount on all year, where this one I will want to remove it all in the spring to get ready for trail riding.
Thanks! Ill def post pics once I pick up the new girl. Should be at the dealer in late Feb/early March. Appreciate the tips and advice :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey guys! New to the group. Just ordered a 2021 Teryx 2 S LE. Couple initial questions:

-Any companies make a soft bed or hard tanneu cover like softopper does for Tacomas? If not, thinking of custom making one and can post project details

thanks guys! Adam
[/Q

thanks guys! Adam
Check out Alpha windshields. They look like they’re top quality

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
For winches both myself and a buddy have had very good luck with the Superwinch Tera4500 series. They have held up to a lot of abuse and mud and water on them. For mounting locations I prefer to have it up higher also...I don't have a plow on mine but it's nice not having to dig out the mud or go under water to get to it. I have a custom made mount on mine off the stock bumper so not much help. I would also highly recommend getting a pulley system like shown in this pic.

For skids I have the SuperATV version on mine. I ride some pretty difficult rock trails and after a trip to Windrock I went to change the oil and found the factory skids extremely beat up. Also had a friend who cracked his engine block from hitting a rock ledge or something. The factory skids bent up and hit the engine. Obviously cost him thousands of $ to repair.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts