Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to buy a 2021 Teryx 4 LE. Dealer want &400.00 for a Warm 3000# winch, is this a decent price? Anything else I should know about?

·
Registered
26 Posts
The dealer wanted $500 for 3000# winch. No way, Joe! I'm going to order one from those websites. I found a 6500# for $350 online. You can check websites for better deals.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Nice winch, price...a little high.
Keeps this thought, winch has been installed, no messing with receiver plate, battery connections and time installing unit. With that breakdown, price sounds pretty good...IMO

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
61 Posts
It is not a bad price for a Warn winch installed... but I would ask a few questions to be clear what you are getting. I could be mistaken, but I don't think Warn makes a 3000 lb utv winch currently. In the VRX lineup they have 2500 and a 3500 lb models available. For that price I assume they are offering you a VRX 25, which is a 2500 lb winch with steel cable. It depends on what you plan to do with the machine and winch, but personally I would go for at least a 3500 lb winch on a T4, being a 1700+ lb machine. I use my winch quite a lot, both in technical trail riding and also around the house/farm, so I would never go back to a steel cable as synthetic is so much nicer to deal with but that is my personal preference.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'd also go with at least a 3500lb warn or bigger if going the el cheapo route. I've always found the cheapo brands to have overly optimistic ratings on their winches compared to ones like warn. Though they're all made in china now I'm sure.

On my last trip out, one of the many times I couldn't back up while stuck...., my buddy couldn't budge me with his 4500lb cheapo on sale winch, had to have a quad hook on to the back of him and pull both of us. I've yet to stall out my warn 3500lb on the Teryx.

I did have one warn crap out on my rzr though and went with a viper 4500 that's lasted almost 10 years now.

I won't go back to cable either, synthetic is way nicer to handle, lighter, doesn't kink, won't slice up your hands.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Take a good look at the Viper Elite in 4500# wide spool version. With 65' of synthetic rope and wireless remote, it's a very good winch. They are not hard to install and it's a good time to learn the basics of your machine while you're at it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts