Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to add a KFI winch mount with a band lands 2500 to my machine. Has anybody done this? I don’t want to have to beat the frame in or anything and there seems to be about half and half that mention it. Not looking to plow with it. All my buddies with razors have the same winch so I know what I’m getting. I mainly want zero modification. I’m open to other ideas as well. Thanks!

·
Jan, Jun, Oct 2021 TOTM Winner
2020 Teryx4 LE
636 Posts
I'd recommend at least a 3500lb winch for a 1600lb sxs. Unless you don't plan on getting stuck or use a snatch block most of the time. I have the kfi mount that fits a warn 3500 provantage perfectly, not sure if the badlands has the same bolt pattern as the warn?

·
2020 Teryx4 LE
636 Posts
I bolted the winch to the kfi mount then the mount to the teryx. No holes to drill. Everything lined up fine. The kfi mount kinda lifts and rotates the winch a little. On my warn, the wires on the motor are close to the bumper but it clears. Here’s a crappy pic I took after hooking a few clevis’s to the mount. (And After replacing the spool and freespool case from my old rzr winch)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would second the 3500 lb winch minimum. I have maxed out 2500 lb winches pulling atv's out of wet snow and those weighed a 1000 lbs less than a SxS.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bolted the winch to the kfi mount then the mount to the teryx. No holes to drill. Everything lined up fine. The kfi mount kinda lifts and rotates the winch a little. On my warn, the wires on the motor are close to the bumper but it clears. Here’s a crappy pic I took after hooking a few clevis’s to the mount. (And After replacing the spool and freespool case from my old rzr winch) View attachment 63021
Can you please post the KFI part #?

·
2020 Teryx4 LE
636 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2021 and I just bought a badlands 3500 winch and it bolted right on no extra anything. I had to drill a extra hole and open one up a little with a unibit but that’s it. The one wire for the winch also was a bit close to the bumper so I ground down a notch for it. The wiring is super easy too!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts