Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

27” tires on stock wheels

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  teryxwtrzr 
#1 ·
Is it possible to mount 27” tires on stock wheels and suspension and not issues with rubbing. I’m sure all tires are a little different but I was thinking of replacing with Sedona Coyotes and they don’t offer them in the 26” size. Thanks for any info.

#3 ·
If you take a tape measure to the dealership and take a horizontal measurement across the 26" & 27" tires you'll see they are essentially the same size. So like 6.2Blazer wrote, yes, about any 27" tire should work no problem.

Keep in mind, the diameter of these SxS tires will change quite a bit depending on how much air pressure they have in them.

#4 ·
Personally the stock rims are dangerous due to the width ratio. Put the same width front and rear will give your bike stability when going strait or turns also adjust tire pressure for where your riding. My riding pressure varies hard flat surface I run 8 PSI, sand or snow 3 psi, rocky depending on size of rocks and planed speed 3 to 5 PSI. You try to use the manufacture specs you will have a bad ride experience you have to find your own desired pressure likes with where and how you ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.