Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good set of 28 inch tires to go on my stock rims. I really liked a set of Mud Bugs that I had on my last fourwheeler but I can't find them in a 28 inch. Any thoughts on the best tire choice for me, I ride in eastern North Carolina, woods trails and mud.

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looking for a good set of 28 inch tires to go on my stock rims. I really liked a set of Mud Bugs that I had on my last fourwheeler but I can't find them in a 28 inch. Any thoughts on the best tire choice for me, I ride in eastern North Carolina, woods trails and mud.

Thanks
I,M LOOKING AT THE ITP MUD LITE 28X10X12 ON FRT AND 28X12X12 ON THE BACK

·
Registered
323 Posts
i'm running 28x10 & 28x12 mudlites on mine. on torks, not stocks, buy you won't have a problem with them fitting on your stockers.

·
Registered
323 Posts
unfortunately, i haven't had a chance to take it out yet (my job sucks!!) but around the yard, i have noticed a little expected power loss at takeoff. it also lost a little top end. when i got it, it went 50 on the street, with the mudlites, it tops out around 47.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the exact same machine as you. Camo LE, I have ordered a CDI box and have taken the tip off the end of the pipe. I am thinking about the 28 inch tires so when you get to ride em for sure give us a report back on what you think of them.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
no problems with mine,it will still hit the stock limiter pretty easily even with 2 guys in it!

·
I WANT ONE
202 Posts
The Maxxis Mudzillas are 28X8X12 and 28X10X12. Stock widths with extra height.

·
Registered
813 Posts
They will clear

·
Cooterbob
210 Posts
Your teryx looks great! Are you running 9's in the front or 11's all the way around? I have 11's all the way around on the way, and was hoping I made the right decision.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Thanks man,im running 9's and 11's,I done it that way to keep the front tires tucked in the fenders...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I Got The Itp Mud Lite 28x10x12 For The Front And 28x12x12 For The Back Yesterday. Dropped Them Off This Morning At A Local Tire Shop To Be Mounted On My Stock Rims.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've been on a few rides with mine already and love them. They work great, there is no added steering, and they do not rub. The only times i had trouble is when i would get high centered (where we ride all the trails are thrashed by bikes with 6" lifts and 31s). My personal opinion after what I have seen is that you do not need a really aggressive tire on a SxS. A friend of mine has had EDLs, outlaws, and silverbacks, but has gone to MudLite XXLs on his Prowler. He still goes everywhere he used to, but without blowing axles and differentials.

·
Registered
323 Posts
yep

1 - 18 of 18 Posts