1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I'm new here and need a ruling
Looking at 28x10x14 terrabites on 14x7 wheels with 4+3 offset
Will they run with out any rubbing on 2014 t4le with the floorboard recall done on it?
No lift or other mods
Thanks!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Should, as far as I know. Im running 28". If not 2" lift is cheap.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I’m running terrabites I’m that size on my 2018 with a 2 inch lift and it has a lot of room. I think they would fit fine without a lift. Great tires too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I put Kenda Executioner mud tires, 28x9-14's front and 28x11-14's on the rear on 4+3 and 5+4 wheels. The front did rub on sharp turns. I bought a 2" spacer lift and only did the front. Solved the problem.

I just bought a set of 4 Kenda Mastadon 28x10-14's on 5+3 wheels, same size all around. Haven't installed them on the Teryx yet but I think they'll fit OK. I'll let you know next week.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
I would guess you may rub a it at full steering lock, especially with the suspension compressed. Just go easy and you should be ok.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Welcome to the forum too!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I run 28" terrabites and only rubbed on the front driver-side where that metal protrusion is. I used a piece of wood and a hammer and just kinda softly "knocked" it back enough so its no longer an issue. My neighbor has a T2 and he cut/welded new plate. Both are good fixes depending on your style. ;) BTW, the terrabites @ 28" = great deal. all around good tire and good size IMO.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I have also been planning on Terrabites this spring. Question, do any of you notice a loss in power with the 28"? Though the weight is insignificant, does the diameter have any noticeable impact? I'm sure someone has asked but do the 28x10 work on the front stock rims?

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,053 Posts
I have also been planning on Terrabites this spring. Question, do any of you notice a loss in power with the 28"? Though the weight is insignificant, does the diameter have any noticeable impact? I'm sure someone has asked but do the 28x10 work on the front stock rims?
The difference is not significant as far as drag goes. There is some, but barely noticeable. The big difference for me was top-end speed. The speed limiter stops you at 50MPH. The bigger tires throw off the speedo, allowing you to cheat and go a little faster. For me, the difference was about 3MPH over the stock 26" bighorns. A clutch kit will definitely help, but you don't need it right away.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No power loss that I can tell. Going to a 28 inch tire and a 2 inch lift was the best thing I’ve done. I don’t drag on every rock or hump now. You won’t be disappointed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts