Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2021 Teyrx and I was wanting to do the A ARM upgrade bye High Lifter then put 30 inch tires on it for more ground clearance but was wondering if 30 was too big for the transmission and engine to handle?

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
213 Posts
I'm sure the stock engine would be fine, but you will probably want to do some clutching changes to run 30's. Give VForcejohn a call, I'm sure he would be able to answer any questions and get you set up for that.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I've ran 30's for several years doing rockcrawling and the difficult trails at Brimstone and Windrock and it does fine. Heavy mud may be a different story but I don't do that. Yes, I would like to have a full clutch setup but it's been low on my list because of the current performance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is V force John still doing clutch work I've been trying to contact him for two months and he had never responded to my emails and when I call it says his voice mail box is full

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
213 Posts
Is V force John still doing clutch work I've been trying to contact him for two months and he had never responded to my emails and when I call it says his voice mail box is full
I haven't personally tried, but someone just asked that in this other thread, sounds like some people have been getting right to him and others not so much?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a very similar setup on my 2018 T4. SATV arched a-arms, running 30s. I bought the V-force clutch kit about 8 months ago (he was very responsive then) but haven't installed it yet, because any acceleration loss hasn't been worth pulling it all apart. You can feel the difference, but it's not bad at all, and thats on heavier beadlock wheels too. I have even accidentally chirped the tires leaving a stop light before, so the torque is still there.
I do stay very cognizant of using low range a lot on trails when going slow though just to be nice to my belt.

·
Jan 2021 TOTM Winner
425 Posts
I'd be screwed running 30's on mine, I have a hard enough time turning the stock tires from a dead stop once in a while. Especially in reverse.
I wouldn't want bigger than 28's on mine without clutch work.

Add me to the no response from vforce john list.

·
Desert Dave
50 Posts
I have a 2018 with arched A arms and 30s. I also added the clutch kit and have had no issues. The ground clearance is great, no tire rubbing and the power is still OK. I do most of my riding above 7000ft elevation, so even with the power loss due to elevation, all is good. BUT, do the clutch upgrade! I learned when I bought my Jeep, if you make one upgrade, you'll also make about 3 more:{)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts