Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah so i smashed the front end, smoked a wheel and bent the frame on the driver side..

Story is we were riding down a trail a little to fast and swerved to miss a rut...didnt see the stump to my left... Hit stump, I went airborne into the passengers lap in the process my legs and butt broke the shift knob off at the thread and tore my up pretty good... at some point, i think i was still airborne i turned to see what was in front and all i could see was a huge Oak tree. Thats when we came to an immediate stop... The pics show some of the damage... I already ripped the plastic piece off the bumper.

However after checking to make sure i wasnt to badly injured, I started the teryx right up, and drove it back to camp and continued drinking to numb the pain...

SH*T Happens

Attachments

·
Registered
813 Posts
Ouch that one hurts... Have you called the ins. company yet?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Oooo, Ahhh. hope that you gots insurence. Just totaled my 07 650 sra brute force, ins. paid off the loan and I went out and bought my teyrx. fixed my brute so now i got two. Wonder how long the turn around for parts are going to be?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
yeah so i never got insurance... i know im a DA... called em one day to get it and they needed info i didnt have and well thats as far as i got. Luckily i know people and will have it fixed next week... had already ordered new wheels, now i get to upgrade the front bumper and get a new shift knob. Just have to rethread the shaft. I will be getting insurance after it gets fixed... will keep this wreck out of that conversation.

Only a few beers flew out of the cooler that was in the bed... pretty good impact to open the lid and eject a few beers 10ft in front of the teryx not to mention some of them had to go over the roof. Oh yeah we recovered all the beers we could find.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
yeah as far as keeping control of it... If I had only hit the tree it would have only screwed up the bumper... the stump did all the damage. The seat belt would have saved the shifter and my ass from getting tore up though.

Hell yeah.. i prob wouldnt be here to tell about it.

·
Marcus
96 Posts
Damn, That looked like it hurt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts