Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all new to the Teryx and new to the forum. I have a 2021 Teryx 4 s le and I want to go with bigger tires. There are a lot of Can Am takes offs available in 30x10x14, and they are 4/137 so should fit, but the offsets are 5+2. Have any of you tried running 5+2 with 1” or 1.5” wheel spacers?

thanks

· Registered
1,470 Posts
I've ran aftermarket 5+2 wheels with 2" spacers for years with no problems. Granted, I already had the spacers prior to the getting the wheels. Going down to a 1" spacer with a 5+2 wheel is basically the same as having a 4+3 wheel.

· Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,716 Posts
I run Can-Am wheels with 28" tires. You will need 1" spacers on the front in order to clear the tie-rod ends. I also put 2" spacers on the rear to give it the right balance. I would be more concerned with clearing a 30" tire. My bike has a 2" lift. If you don't have any lift, those tires will likely rub. But then, mine is not a "S" model so I could be wrong?

Welcome to the forum!

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Plant

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you VirginiaHawk and 6.2Blazer. I am changing to 30’s because I need the clearance. My old Rhino did not have much clearance, but the short wheelbase got me over a lot AZ obstacles. So, considering a 2” bracket lift and the wheel spacers for stability.

Searching around the forum, I seem to recall that you have both done the clutch work as well?

· Registered
1,470 Posts
Thank you VirginiaHawk and 6.2Blazer. I am changing to 30’s because I need the clearance. My old Rhino did not have much clearance, but the short wheelbase got me over a lot AZ obstacles. So, considering a 2” bracket lift and the wheel spacers for stability.

Searching around the forum, I seem to recall that you have both done the clutch work as well?
I am still running the stock clutch. Current tires are 30" Crawler XG's for rock and most trail riding conditions (ride Windrock and Brimstone) and 29.5" Terminators for the muddier local trails and snow/winter. Crawlers are on 4+3 beadlocks and Terms on 5+2 beadlocks. While I'm sure a full clutch kit would make it better, I've never really had issues on the stock clutch and definitely not enough to make we want to spend the time and money to have the clutch done. The only power related issue was one time trying to back up a steep hill with a deep layer of sticky peanut butter mud. It's always been able to crawl forward even when on a steep hill and climbing a rock ledge.

I don't have an S model either but have seen many posts stating they have been able to clear 30's on those models with just a little preload (lift) in the front. No way 30's would fit on my non-S model without a ton of extra lift or the offset a-arms. Currently have the SuperATV offset front arms and about 2" of lift (Bandit shocks) with literally a paper width amount of clearance between the tires and the back of the inner fenderwell when turned full lock and flexed out/compressed suspension.

· Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,716 Posts

Yes, I do have a clutch kit. I contacted V-Force John and spoke with him on the phone. I gave him my tire size and riding conditions and he sent me a kit based on that information. Installation is pretty easy and not really much more labor intensive than changing a belt. Its basically just new springs and weights.

Unlike Blazer, even with the clutch kit, I still notice a rare occasion where I need more power. I just put a new belt on for this riding season though so maybe that will help. I had about 3000 miles on the old one.

· Premium Member
2016 Teryx4 LE
115 Posts
Hi Birdteam and welcome to the forum. There's a lot of smart people on here ( I'm not one of them :)
I would start with 1.5" spacers. and keep original packaging in case you have to return them for 2" spacers.
I have a 2016 T4 LE and I bought factory beadlock wheels and 31 x 10 x 15 tires from a 2022 KRX. I didn't buy "spacers" I had to buy 4/137 to 4/156 lug nut bolt pattern wheel adapters. the 1st set was a 1 in. thick adapter, but when i installed them, the front wheels were up against the tie rod ends, so I returned them and got 1.5" thick adapters and they barely clear. My rear tires stick out about a half inch wider than my front tires do. I wish I put 2" thick wheel adapters on the front to make it even, but you have to look really close at it to tell a difference
before I got these wheels and tires, I installed a set of Hi Lifter offset A- Arms with a 2.5" lift. on both front and rear.
I was told by Brute Performance that 31" tires are about the biggest you can add without needing clutch work, they said it would have a slight loss of power, but not much, and I can barely tell a difference. they also told me that they sell a spring kit that would get most of the lost power back if I wanted to do that. I think it's $75
I really like the bigger tires and I will probably get the spring kit just to make it easier on the clutch. It seems to have plenty of power to climb steep hills.
I don't know what the offset of the KRX wheels are for sure but i think I read 6+2.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts