Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will 30x10x14 Rockabilly on stock rims with a 2in lift and 2in wheel spacers work without rubbing?

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,201 Posts
I would not run the same size tire on all four corners on "stock" rims. Mainly because the fronts are not as wide as the back. Also, many stock wheels were just 12 inches in diameter. As for running a 30 inch tire on a Teryx with a 2" lift, I have heard many people say they can but with minor rubbing at full lock. Some remove or modify the front floorboard shields to gain extra clearance. And one last note, wheel spacers can actually make the rubbing situation worse at full lock.

I run the 28x10x14 Rockabilly on my bike with 2" lift and am very happy with this tire. I have over 2000 miles on my current set and have never had a problem.

You didn't mention anything about your clutch, but if you are going to run over-sized tires, you are likely going to want a clutch kit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would not run the same size tire on all four corners on "stock" rims. Mainly because the fronts are not as wide as the back. Also, many stock wheels were just 12 inches in diameter. As for running a 30 inch tire on a Teryx with a 2" lift, I have heard many people say they can but with minor rubbing at full lock. Some remove or modify the front floorboard shields to gain extra clearance. And one last note, wheel spacers can actually make the rubbing situation worse at full lock.

I run the 28x10x14 Rockabilly on my bike with 2" lift and am very happy with this tire. I have over 2000 miles on my current set and have never had a problem.

You didn't mention anything about your clutch, but if you are going to run over-sized tires, you are likely going to want a clutch kit.
My rims are 14”. And do plan on getting a clutch kit eventually but I need tires right now. I seen and read people putting 10” wide on front. I know the rims are 11” rear and 7” front. I’m just want the most ground clearance with the 2” lift. Do a lot of rock climbing and constantly dragging the belly and a-arms.

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
I'm not saying that you couldn't do it, but I wouldn't recommend it. But if you are rock climbing with 30's, you are definitely going to want a clutch kit. And yes, I have a clutch kit in mine.

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
The Rock-a-Billy tire would be a very good choice for your riding

·
Registered
968 Posts
Most 30" tires do not fit very good on only a 2" lift especially if you have the factory wheelwell guards. Had a buddy ran 30" Blackwaters, which run on the small side, with a 2" lift with cranked up shocks and removed most of the wheelwell guards and they still rubbed lightly. I tried 30" Crawler XG's on mine and with only a 2" lift and no wheelwell guards I couldn't even turn full lock in the garage without them rubbing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts