Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
here they are, 39mm fcr downdraft carbs on my 840. they mounted up real well and the stock intake system can still be used if you want or just clamp on a k&n with no box. just started tuning the carbs today but i can already tell you these are going to be the hot ticket, they are definetly not for kids. throttle response is super crisp and the top end should be awesome, i am hoping this will put me in the 75mph range, might try this weekend!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
had to make my own cables. i got these carbs dialed yesterday and you can not believe how well they work. hit 72mph on the radar gun and was still accelerating when i let off the throttle!

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Thats great Chase.

Why type of distance does it require to get up to that speed?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm not sure on the distance but the acceleration is real impressive. these carbs are not cheap but well worth the money. if you have minor fab skills they are easy to install and i can tell you what you need to order. it won't be too long before someone has a complete kit available!

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Hi Chase

Have you run your Teryx against a Brute Force or an Outlander or ???

How does it compare for acceration?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
have not had a chance to do any drag racing since the earlier videos i posted. i would like to though because the teryx keeps getting faster!

Chase, are your intake ports stock or did you have them machined off and bigger ones welded on.
sincity
the intake ports are stock, we opened them up to 38.5mm safely, 39 may be possible but it gets a little thin. the boots are also stock, used a sanding wheel to open them up. 41mm fcr will require new intakes, without doing that i don't see the point in using the 41's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts