Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So can anyone tell me whats it like running trails with for adults in the t4? Is it sluggish tippy bottom out alot .im heading out this weekend for a run and my wife invited 2 of our friends i bought the 4 seater so i can take my 2 kids. But i feel it might be underpowered for 4 adults. What do you guys think .

ROCKSOFFROAD
I'll have to find my pics wife & I took 2 of her co-workers up to the top of a steep ridge and down power in 4 lock climbing and reliable brakes going down
Another time up to 11000 ft Mnt looking down at Brighton ski resort with 3 adults & a moose side dog I'll probably never go up again but they handle it even where you don't want to go 馃槃

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info . Just dont want to get out and loose power or agility. But i feel i wont even notice the extra weight

Registered
You notice at high speed the hp is down but trails and hills not much change. I noticed power loss 1 time in my 2015 and that was 5000ft 4 people climbing in 2ft snow.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
That's not bad. Its mostly trail riding we will be doing. But some dirt roads so on the hills on the dirt roads i will see a loss in power going up them?

Registered
You will notice but it's not enough to worry about. I run down trails and dirt roads with my wife and my two kids while pulling a full bottom boat with a 40hp electric start electric tiller in high gear with no issues. So again you will feel a minimal amount of power lose but nothing to even waste a second worrying about.

Registered
I transport 3 or 4 adults during hunting season - all of us between 180lb & 225lb. We climb granite or volcanic rock slide areas that run 45deg at 12,000' w/o a single issue. The handling characteristics change quite a bit at W.O.T. with more weight for the obvious reasons. I run such low air pressure which makes the tires tend to roll over a bit and reduce cornering ability. I didn't buy a T4 for the fastest ride around. I bought it for stability and reliability. Any loss of speed due to loading (sluggishness) is acceptable for my needs. The T4 doesn't throw in the towel.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the responses guys.now i know what to expect. Wich wont be a noticeable difference. I will let you know how it went.

Registered
I transport 3 or 4 adults during hunting season - all of us between 180lb & 225lb. We climb granite or volcanic rock slide areas that run 45deg at 12,000' w/o a single issue. The handling characteristics change quite a bit at W.O.T. with more weight for the obvious reasons. I run such low air pressure which makes the tires tend to roll over a bit and reduce cornering ability. I didn't buy a T4 for the fastest ride around. I bought it for stability and reliability. Any loss of speed due to loading (sluggishness) is acceptable for my needs. The T4 doesn't throw in the towel.

"The T4 doesnt throw in the towel"

I couldnt have said it better

Registered
I've ran my T4 with 2 adults in front, hunting gear for days in the back, loaded up with an entire quartered up Moose and a fullsize polaris ranger in TOW behind it with its 260 lb owner sitting inside to steer. pulled it 9 miles out up through some pretty sketchy hill climbs, water holes, and mud holes. My T4 never even got overheated and pulled it like a champion all the way out saving the day, everyone involved was pretty impressed at what my machine did. All this on 30" tires and only springs and weights for clutching.

In short OF COARSE the T4 will slow down with 400-500 extra LBS in it but it wont stop if thats what you"re asking.

Registered
You're going to lose performance and agility, there's no way around it. You're adding several hundred lbs of weight. It is noticeable. Does it turn the T4 into a turd? No, but it is certainly noticeable.

Premium Member
I run 4 all the time. You won鈥檛 win a drag race. Up the hills no problem. Running high speeds across a field or flats it will take you longer to go from 30 to 50. But off the hole it will still pull hard. 馃檪

Registered
more importantly who gives a shi*?. I know you're just asking an innocent question but if the other adults you are hauling around want to poke fun at your machine for slowing down and not ripping every hill then you could advise them to get their own damn machine!! Im sure they will not care!. have fun, sip on a good beverage, enjoy the scenery!

Premium Member
and when your adults are enjoying a good beverage who the heck wants to go a million miles an hour. 95% of the time is under 30 anyhow. Getting up to 30 is still pretty dang quick. The 800 is no dog down low. I really can't tell a difference with 2 vs. 4 in the cab under 30.

Registered
Man, I hauled 3 HEAVY A$$ pipeline inspectors up and down the right of way with NO problem. Make sure your tires have the right amount of air in them or you balance the passenger load. Power will be plenty if you still have the 50 mph governor in place.

Registered
I have ran in the mud, up fairly steep rocky and muddy trails and on hard pack as well as deep sand with four adults. No complaints here. The two adult guests in the back looked like they had just gotten off a steel rollercoaster at an amusement park. You know, that stupid grin that says Holy $h*t did that just happen? 馃槀

Premium Member
That's funny. I got more people wanting to ride in the back than shotgun. Same stupid grin seen in the rear view mirror.

Premium Member
I am at 13,100 miles on my Teryx4. I have ridden with 123 passenger plus Gear plus accessories often , the OEM shocks with four people in spirited driving will likely bottom out and/or just be rough I would recommend a set of rear bandit shocks with the heavyset springs ask for the heavies if you find yourself having full load full weight or seats full often They will make a huge difference If you鈥檙e running out of power or big down too much when climbing either high friction or low friction hills when you have a full load I would recommend a clutch kit makes a big difference. You have 2 main choices for a clutch kits some adjustable some not I had 8000 miles on mine before I went to a clutch kit and I will never go back it climbs so much better and sand gravel mud whatever it keeps the engine revving instead of bogging down.

Reactions: USA

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
Ok so i made the run with 4 adults. The power difference i found was noticeable on the dirt roads when going up the hills. But in the trails it wasn't noticeable at all. The only thing i noticed was the rear of the buggy would bottem out alot and that is with a 2 inch lift.so maybe i need to adjust the preload on the rear .but i dont really want the rear sitting any higher then it already is compared to the front.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts