Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've got 3 little ones that'll spend some time in the back. I got out the tape measure as I get ready to buy a rear seat and start sorting out the cage etc.

Anyway, I saw this seat 48in bench:
EMPIUS.COM : 2008 Catalog, Page 286 - Off-Road

Looking at the dimensions and playing with that tape measure :yikes: It looks like it would be 'tight', but doable. presuming that I mount the seat off the floor a little, it would seem that the seat wouldn't extend out to it's full 48" until it was above the bed rail. It's only 41"at the base.

How tight is the 42" on the sides? I know, it's probably pissing in the wind here :tent6: but I thought it was worth asking before I buy a 42"

Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Don't know if you bouhgt a seat yet but SDR has a bed delete kit that would take a 48" seat. I have a corbeau 42" seat in my t-rex plenty of room.

Oh the bed delete kit also drops the seat down to the driver and front passenge height

·
Registered
101 Posts
Are there any pic's of that bed delete anywhere?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did see that... I talked to Tim and I thought that they were using a 46" seat, but you are right... it's lower and more room. I just can't afford it. I think the whole set up is a good bit more than the typical cage & seat combo. It's cool though. GD.com has some pics on there of it in progress as well as some other unique stuff Tim did.

I went ahead and just got a PRP 42" bench ordered as it should work for my 3 kids when they are small. Then I'm sure either one of the girls will hang back in the camper or my Son will ride on his own. But for now it'll work. The 48" wouldn't fit from what I could tell.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Could you verify that website. GD.com comes up as General Dynamics. I really want to see that bed delete from sdr.

·
Registered
157 Posts
GD is probably glamisdunes.com.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just google SDR motorsports and it will pop up. He has a page devoted to the bed deletes. I talked to Tim a few days ago and he said that the majority of the builds he does are bed deletes now. He has a few cars at the shop with the bed delete and it looks really nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts