Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a teryx that the dealer installed some engine upgrades on, and when they put it back together they got the 4wd actuator hooked up wrong. they said they will fix it, but I dont want to haul it back over there. Can anyone tell me where the vuccume lines hook up properly? I hooked the line from the motor to the bottom of the solenoid, then the middle line on the solenoid is going to the actuator, The line out of the very top of the solenoid is going to a vent with a plastic cap on it, and the bottom of the actuator has a line going up to another barb on the shifter bracket that does not go anywhere. The 4wd engages now, but it seems really slow to engage. any help is appreciated.

·
2009 teryx sport
5 Posts
on mine the line up to the shifter (bleed) was getting pinched off from the covers.this caused slow shifting out of 4wd, i re-routed it up through the hole in the bracket instead of up the outside and down the hole.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the same problem, only my 4WD won't engage at all. Anyone have a diagram or a picture of where the vacuum lines go to/come from for the actuator? I don't see where it gets vacuum from, they just go nowhere.

When I push the 4x4 button the solenoid clicks but without the vacuum line hooked up, nothings happening.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok I think I found the vacuum line - it was hooked to the bottom of the actuator... that can't be right can it? Here's what I'm looking at...

Anyone know how these are supposed to be hooked up? I tried a few different combo's but can't get it. I really want to go to the dunes today, help!

EDIT: I ran vacuum straight to the top of the actuator/diaphragm & it pulls the cable/turns on the 4x4... so I know that's all working. I'm concerned about that white bubble gum crap on the solenoid... I think I'll replace that and see what happens

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok I think I found the vacuum line - it was hooked to the bottom of the actuator... that can't be right can it? Here's what I'm looking at...

Anyone know how these are supposed to be hooked up? I tried a few different combo's but can't get it. I really want to go to the dunes today, help!

EDIT: I ran vacuum straight to the top of the actuator/diaphragm & it pulls the cable/turns on the 4x4... so I know that's all working. I'm concerned about that white bubble gum crap on the solenoid... I think I'll replace that and see what happens
Got myself in a bit of a bind I need to know what the part number is for this “silnoid” vaccume piece it’s got 3 vaccume liens that run through it and a blue electronic plug in it. I broke one of the nipples off and need a new one but can’t find the part anywhere! Thansk I’m advance
Automotive lighting Font Material property Screenshot Rectangle

·
Jan, Jun, Oct 2021 TOTM Winner
2020 Teryx4 LE
677 Posts
I can't help with the partnumber but if you're really screwed and have both pieces I'd try using some qbond. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Q-BOND-ADHESIVE-KIT/28657087 I use that stuff a lot at work and find it 10000x better than any type of glue I've tried. It's my go to for fixing broken plastic anything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts