Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a chance to work on my air box mods again today. The out come is really good.

It will include main jets, diaphragm springs, needles, drilling a hole in each slide and the addition of two TPI valves in the air box.

The lighter springs in the diaphragms allowed me to open the air box some and put in larger jets. The hole I put in each slide allowed the slide to open quicker along with the lighter springs.

I tried a Jet kit from Dynojet and it didn't work the way I wanted it to. It would have worked fine without air box mods but it didn't work with the mod, the springs in that kit were still too stiff and the slides oscillated up and down but no nearly as bad as the stock springs did when I opened the air box. See when I opened the air box up I didn't have as much vacuum in the airbox so the springs wanted to keep the slides closed. When I say vacuum I mean it is just barely a difference in it and atmospheric pressure.

If some of this is baffling you then read our article about CV Carbs.

How CV Carbs Works and air box mods - www.Ridesidebyside.com Sponsored by www.hunterworks.com, www.hightechhp.com and www.3stepatvtires.com

The point is with a stock Teryx with the exhaust tip out, a aftermarket CDI on there and this air box mod we went from 27 peak hp to 33 peak hp. and even a bigger jump in the 15 to 25 mph range.

If this is as far as you want to go then this kit is done except ordering all the individual parts from Dynojet since they don't come in kit form like we do it with the air box mods and bundling it with two TPI valves and doing the install video.

Next we will do this all over again with a exhaust system on there, which should just require bigger main jets.

Then we add cams and do it once more.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably in the $130 range with the carb kit and two TPI valves. You do get a free online install video and live human tech support from the guy who did it. Not just a salesperson from acme.com who just sells it!!

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
I got a chance to work on my air box mods again today. The out come is really good.

It will include main jets, diaphragm springs, needles, drilling a hole in each slide and the addition of two TPI valves in the air box.
what is a TPI valve?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Todd, I want the airbox kit minus the Dynojet kit which I already have. When will you be ready to ship? Put me on the list for one ASAP.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Todd already has the TPI valve's as mine should be here monday..

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jackson,

We will sell it as a system because what you have now is not the same as our kit, the main difference is the springs. I don't want people mixing and matching parts and not getting what we know the system will do.

If you want to do that then just buy some TPI valves but you won't be able to run two with the spring you have only one thus less air flow.

Todd

·
Marcus
96 Posts
Hey todd,
I just put on a dyna tech non prog. cdi box and put on the velocity air intake before I read all the studies that you done , Now I dont want to make the same mistake twice , I want to tune the carbs correctly with a simple slip on dual.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can't tell you what to do with the VElocity air intake, I think they are a mistake but have not tried one. IF you already bought it I guess you should try it.

On the exhaust choice I don't think a dual will perform like a two into one will.

Todd

·
Marcus
96 Posts
I am going to put a x pipe or crossover tube on before the slip on , do you think this will work and will your carb kit work with this?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Man this kit really wakes it up...:icon_rockwoot:

·
Marcus
96 Posts
Rut,
Do you have the kit that HWtodd is selling and how can I get one, we are wanting to get it on before We go to Wolf Pen Gap .

·
Marcus
96 Posts
I see you are from Kansas,
I am from Joplin Mo

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am waiting on springs to come in, I ordered the wrong part number and they didn't tell me. So I got a bunch of parts with no springs.

Also my video camera bit the dust in the race from all the water so I will have to wait until I get the new camera too.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Clear your PM box HWtodd

1 - 20 of 33 Posts