Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2017 T4 LE
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2017 Teryx4 with 5900 miles and about 320 hours. averages to about 18 mph. I don't have a history because it came from an insurance auction. It looks to be well maintained, oil was right spot and showed some color but not black, air filter is new looking, rear tires are new looking fronts about 3/4 tread. I was worried that 4x4 didn't work but cleaning the switch brought it back to life. runs great sounds great. Anything I need to look out for at this mileage?

·
ROCKSOFFROAD
1,436 Posts
Basic belt ,clutch inspection maybe new plugs, dif oil full service fuel vent line inline filter CV axel u joint check ?...should go forever with good maintenance not sure if 2017 needs a fuel vent hose mod anymore ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anybody have more miles?

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
I think Kent Green, the Moab Cowboy, probably puts more miles on multiple Teryxs than pretty much anyone else. He has several Teryxs that he uses for his business in Moab Utah. (Moab Cowboy Offroad Adventures) They make multiple trips daily from his headquarters in town to the Hells Revenge Trail and back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My T4 is a 2013 so it’s a bit different but it’s got a bit over 11,000 miles. I’ve replaced the clutch because it got to a point where it kept roasting belts. I’ve also replaced the fuel pump and stator. Those are the only major things I’ve had to do. All 3 happened right around 8-9k miles. There are a few things worn out but it hasn’t been bad enough to fix...yet. Tie rods and a arm bushings have play. I don’t do high speed stuff so not an issue.

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,134 Posts
I'm out at the Hatfield and McCoy trails in West Virginia now. The owner of the motel here has a 2009 Teryx with over 15,000 miles on it. Unfortunately, it has had one rebuild

1 - 7 of 7 Posts