Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had a 6.0l for many years and always kept it stock. I recently purchased a 2008 6.4l king ranch. It came tuned with an afe air intake and a 4in exhaust. the DPF is deleted. The truck did not come with a controller so it is stuck with a high tune. I took it to ford and they said they can not flash it with the DPF deleted. I do not mind having a tuner as long as I can control it. What are my options?

·
Registered
259 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
DO NOT TAKE IT TO FORD AND RETURN IT TO A STOCK TUNE!!! It will barely run with the emissions equipment removed.

do a google search for 6.4 powerstroke tuners, just verify they are for a "deleted" truck. i have a SPARTAN tuner on my 6.4 but they are no longer in business, bought out by PATRIOT PERFORMANCE. EPA has cracked down on emissions delete tuner companies so a bunch have stopped selling them. i havent researched them in a while so i cant recommend a good one to go with. i do recommend going over the powerstroke.org and searching around. there are a bunch of very knowledgeable people over there just be ready for them to steer you away from a 6.4 powerstroke due to all the problems these trucks are known for

1 - 4 of 4 Posts