Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just purchased the SuperATV 6 " Lift Kit with upgraded axels, bushings, frame stiffener and HD ball joints. If you have any experience with the install let me know. The parts should be here Saturday. Figure I will start in the rear and get that done first, then move to the front. I figure this is prep for addling 4" Portals at 30% but that will a while.. Currently have 15 inch wheels and 32" tires so this will make it a bit more drivable and get it ready for 35s. I am in South Florida so lots of mud and a bit of rock crawling. Should be a fun project! Thanks SuperATV for the discount!

·
Vendor
880 Posts
Hi, just purchased the SuperATV 6 " Lift Kit with upgraded axels, bushings, frame stiffener and HD ball joints. If you have any experience with the install let me know. The parts should be here Saturday. Figure I will start in the rear and get that done first, then move to the front. I figure this is prep for addling 4" Portals at 30% but that will a while.. Currently have 15 inch wheels and 32" tires so this will make it a bit more drivable and get it ready for 35s. I am in South Florida so lots of mud and a bit of rock crawling. Should be a fun project! Thanks SuperATV for the discount!
Hell yeah buddy! This will be an easy one for you. You've done waaaay more difficult stuff on your "other" rig. Lol!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok last weekend I finished the rear and this weekend I will be working on the front. Sorry no pictures yet, may phone is only half working but new one on the way. Funny only one payment left on the old phone, lucky the insurance paid for a new one.

So there are a couple of tools you will need:
1. 6 inch three claw puller for hub makes it a snap to remove -- yes on fairly tight.
2. Ball joint remover, so you can reuse ball joints.
3. C clip pliers for ball joint install
4..Small press or take the front A-arms to machine shop to install ball joints.

Ball joints have the normal c clip and also a small spring with a very tiny metal slug to keep them from turning. Be sure NOT to use zerk fitting to tighten get the Super ATV instructions and follow them -- Clip ring pliers to tighten the movable top of the ball joint.

Back is straight forward and the instructions are excellent.
I purchased full set of bushings and will keep old ones installed in OEM arms.
I also purchased new ball joints for the front.

If installing frame stiffener be sure to add the instructions, needed just when you start installing the A-arms and not needed before then.

The instructions are good but rely on your general mechanical knowledge, as an example, you have to remove the radiator hose from the OEM hanger and run it below that, not in instructions but no biggie. (ours is a 2021)

Routing of brake line is another example, but if you take on this job you have the knowledge to figure that out.

I will provide some pictures when the new phone arrives and some updates on the front installation.

The kit does require some of the OEM nuts and bolts so keep everything until you are finished.

If you have a wench in the front remove it so it is out of the way especially if you are installing the frame stiffener.

The kit is fantastic and super strong construction even spouse said the rear looks much stronger. I am sure she will like the front when it is finished.

·
Registered
2021 Teryx Base
8 Posts
Finished the installation and here are a couple of pictures.

I used the OEM axel washers as they allow me to continue to use the bearing covers -- rubber ones fit on outside of the bigger washer.
Dang that's perty!!
Kinda regretting telling myself I'm gonna keep my 2021 stock for a while when it could look like that!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It takes it to a new level and now can get a bit muddier. I would love to add the 4 inch portals at 30%, I think that would all what it needs for the rocks, mud and a set of SuperATV Slick Rock Warriors 35" and it will really rock! :cool::)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts