2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Man I just started working on my Teryx I put on
I started today out stock at 50mph on my new UTV Crap - UTV Crap Digital Dash
Billet Exaust Tip from UTV Crap - UTV Crap
Dynatek rev box
that I also got from those great guys at UTV Crap - UTV Crap
and im already seeing 63mph
but at 63 I seam to be running out of fuel not revs so tomorrow ill be working on the clutch then the air intake system and fuel systems I dont see a problem having this thing running 75 to 80 in the next few days

·
Vendor
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

OK im up to 67 mph and everything is still running fine no airbox lid or I can do no airbox and a uni filter it seems a little stronger with the uni so far Billet tip, clutch mods, and jetting, and ignition box from dynatek.
I think to do 75+ im going to need a set of dual exaust from muzzys

·
Registered
61 Posts
well johnny, you have the fastest stock displacement teryx in the united states, the fast anyone is gone is 68 mph and that is a 840 cc built motor, even a professional builder in nova scotia just finished a couple of 800cc motors for SCORE racing, these motors are producing 120 hp at the crank and they cannot do 70 mph.
sin city

·
Vendor
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill be doing 70 in the next few days I just need a lathe, and different fuel pump, and maybe a clutch spring or two

·
Registered
61 Posts
well whatever your doing you need to sell it. because thats the best ive heard, the best ive done so far is 61. are you using GPS or gun or the electronic dash or is that on the dyno. double check because if your speed is accurate, that is excellent. get yourself a set of muzzys, it sounds like a small block chevy, you should be a vendor for these pipes.
sin

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
SWEET!! Pics of the tank out and the clutches exposed. Thank you!!

I have 22 miles on mine and I think I need to check the best tightness. In L with the diffs locked I can hear what I think is a good bit of slippage, every now and then when I need 4x4 and diff lock I can smell when the belt is getting a little warm I think. Sounds kinda like a wheel is spinning, but I can tell from the tracks it is not. Mostly put putting around and need 4x4 and good power to get over something or up a steep but short bank. Time to invest in a clutch puller and spring compressor I think. I wish someone would do a nice belt deflection and adjustment video... If you are near Western NC, I will shoot in HD, produce and host it for you if you are willing to do one.

·
Vendor
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im in Arizona or id be happy to do the Vid. all im using is my cheap digital camera as you can see by the movie...I have heard of someone doing 72 here with basic mods like im doing.
Im just using the digital dash as you can see by the movie I have a GPS somewheres but only God knows where and he aint telling me....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Im in Arizona or id be happy to do the Vid. all im using is my cheap digital camera as you can see by the movie...I have heard of someone doing 72 here with basic mods like im doing.
Im just using the digital dash as you can see by the movie I have a GPS somewheres but only God knows where and he aint telling me....
i believe it, with some mods it will be insanely fast, once you get into the pistons and the cam that motor can put out some serious power.

·
Vendor
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you wont believe the bottom end on this thing Blake it spins all 4 tires hard on the bottom end and get to 55 so fast its going to kill the rzr just how it sits now .....I thought it was going to be tuff getting it to run after hearing all the talk on here about the carbs and airbox problems...

·
Registered
61 Posts
johnny, i just went out and tried top end after rejetting down to 175s, 67 mph, guess i was jetted to rich.
sincity

973 Posts

OK im up to 67 mph and everything is still running fine no airbox lid or I can do no airbox and a uni filter it seems a little stronger with the uni so far Billet tip, clutch mods, and jetting, and ignition box from dynatek.
I think to do 75+ im going to need a set of dual exaust from muzzys
Johnny,
Just wanted to let you know that I talked to Tim Kelly and he is doin some Teryx mods. He has had his to 74 MPH. I'm gonna go visit him tomorrow and test drive it. I'll try and get some video to show everyone. You and him are both on the same track. He is tweakin the carbs/fuel pump, puttin on a Magnaflow exhaust, an air filter and machining the clutch.

·
Vendor
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brandon so I hear lol Nick told me yesterday and if you do it we will have to race and see the difference. Tims one of the best old school tuners around Like me he is not big on the dyno he wants to see real world side x side racing It dont matter if you can get to 100mph if it takes you all day to get to it. I wana smoke everybody right off the line

·
Registered
145 Posts
im hit n 63 mph with dragon fire full duels and cdi havent rejetted yet either but its at the shop being done now along with dragon fire clutch kit and air box so i belive 70 mph plus is very possible

·
Marcus
96 Posts
hey Johnny , was is your carb jet setting and idle mix @ with no lid
Thanks
Marcus

1 - 20 of 20 Posts