Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally starting to get some Teryx tire and wheel inventory in.
Paddles & Smoothies on 4/137 8" wide Douglas Red Labels

Black SS's

:D

·
I WANT ONE
202 Posts
OK...I would like to mount the 12.5 or 13 inch wide tires (rears) on 10- 11 inch wide wheels like we used to do on the 4X4 trucks. Putting a 27X12X12 tire on a 7"wide wheel really screws up your tire pressure to keep the tires even from front to back but noone has stepped up except for the Carbon Wheel company. I haven't had a chance to check out their sizes, but saw an ad thye are going to offer up to 12" widths.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK...I would like to mount the 12.5 or 13 inch wide tires (rears) on 10- 11 inch wide wheels like we used to do on the 4X4 trucks. Putting a 27X12X12 tire on a 7"wide wheel really screws up your tire pressure to keep the tires even from front to back but noone has stepped up except for the Carbon Wheel company. I haven't had a chance to check out their sizes, but saw an ad thye are going to offer up to 12" widths.
You can do that it just gets a little exspensive special ordering wheels from Douglas. When we have tested wider wheels on Rhino's and RZR's they really hurt top end as much 7 to 8 miles per hour. 8" wide wheels seem to work the best.

·
I WANT ONE
202 Posts
Has anyone ever tore up any equipment Trannys or belts) due to running the fronts and rears at the same pressure. There is almost 2 inches difference if you run the fronts and rears the same. If you drop the fronts to match the rears my Brute handles like a pig in slop.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Let us know what you find in terms of size vs performance for the paddles and smoothies on the Teryx. I know the Rhino works better on 25". I like the looks of the 26" better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts