Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Teryx LE, only have 5 hrs on it but plan on changing the lubricants and oil filter at 20 hrs. It appears there's a problem accessing the filter, I would appreciate any information that would make this job as easy as possible. The book mentions removing the cover over the engine to access both the air filter and the oil filter. I see two philup head screws and numerous plastic buttons, I can manage the screws but how do you remove and replace the plastic buttons?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Frank

·
Registered
65 Posts
best thing is to remove the screws from the bottom skid plate, leave 1 screw in in a corner and swing the plate out of the way, makes filter and drian plug easy, takes 5-10 minutes

·
Registered
87 Posts
The plastic plugs are two pieces. Look carefully and you will see the two pieces. Place a thin blade screw driver between the two pieces and turn. The outside piece will come out like a nail coming out of wood. You can then pull the whole thing out of the hole. There shoud be three small ones and two larger ones towards the back of the console once you remove the seats. Those and the two Phillips head screws and you should be able to remove the console to service the air filter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a bunch to all for your help, if I have problems with the plastic buttons I'll let you know. Thanks again!
Frank

·
Registered
813 Posts
Just make sure not too overfill the oil..

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
i couldnt even get a ratchet on the oil filter from the front,so ya you have to get it from the bottom!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
seems like i heard that a honda dealer can hook you up with the plastic buttons

·
Registered
162 Posts
I dont think you have to take any of the top plastics off to change your oil and filter. Just take off the big center skid plate underneath. Its pretty easy from there. Then you fill the oil through the dipstick hole with a good funnle. Good luck!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Change the oil filter and drain the old oil by taking the large skid plate off (not the little Plate the book shows. It only gets you the drain plug). I jacked it up by using the winch to raise the front end off the ground then put 2 jack stands positioned on the frame rails, under it for safety reasons, crawled under and removed the 10 mm bolts on the big skid plate so I could get to the oil filter and drain plug at the same time. Very easy and didn't take as long as I thought it would. Check with your dealer on the filter. The first one here didn't know it took a different filter than the 4 wheeler and didn't have any. He said they were back ordered!! Went to the other dealer and he had them ($13.00 each) the correct Part number is: 16097-0003. Changed all the other fluids, and used a funnel with clear fuel line attached to refill the front diff and rear diff.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you don't want to spend $13+ bones at the dealer here is the cross reference to a fram oil filter PH6017a ... If you like another brand filter cross reference with the fram part #...Don't flame me if you don't like fram filters

·
Registered
813 Posts
Leave the center 2 bolts out of the skid plate so the water can drain.. :scared2:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the cross reference. That was my next project. Mine had water in the frame when I removed the back 2 passenger side bolts, of the main big skid plate to change the oil, I had it suspended with the front end up by the winch cable if that made any difference. I put 2 jack stands, positioned on the frame rails, under it for safety reasons.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts