Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to add a 4 rocker switch panel. With wrench in/out, whip, interior light, led bar and back lights. You recommend running duel batteries or replacing stock battery with yellow top or another one? You think it can handle it all? Also what are some products you used to get the rocker panel up and running that you recommend? Or some great tutorials? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
158 Posts
http://www.teryxforums.net/attachme...new-2014-teryx-race-build-20140219_193445.jpg

I think the stock battery is fine, the big problem when people Put lots of big lights and light bars is when they go on slow night rides the stater does not put out enough Output at low rpm's to recharge the system it's best to just use the stock headlights or maybe two small floods while driving slow otherwise at high-speed and rpm's you can turn on larger lights on my car I just bought A cheap rocker switch panel with breakers built into it off eBay it's worked great and clean installation..

The winch and backup lights are only momentary activated so I don't see a problem with using those...

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I have to agree.

I have a stock battery. I also have a stereo, 50" bar, and two 4" lights. As long as I am running down the road, I can run all of them along with the headlights. But if you are stop and go riding, the battery will get drained according to my voltmeter

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I thought for sure I would need to replace the battery. But good to know I really don't need to. Did y'all do all wiring for your rocker switches? What kind of setup y'all running?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I got the switch panel from Fuel UTV. A Blue Seas 12 circuit fuseblock (Way more than needed) and the largest relay I could get.

I ran my power to the fuse panel from my winch contactor, through the large relay and to the switches. The switches all run to a relay as well. The relays are fused, too. It might be overkill, but one bad wiring problem told me better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Auto part Technology Electronic device Vehicle Car
Red Car Vehicle Technology Display device

I mad my rocker panel to go over the cubby below the ignition. There were several aftermarket companies out there but I wanted to try it myself before I paid for it. I've got $0 in it. Had some scrap sheet metal lying around and already had the switches. I run 2 led whips, a 32" light bar, 20" light bar, and my stereo off a blue top optima connected to the stock system with a SMART battery isolator. No problems at all. I don't use my sick lights at all. Just my light bars and my red whips. I don't have the led head lights an the halogens that are on mine pull more juice. I play my music loud and I love my light bars. This has been a great set up for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got mine tore apart looking at doing the same thing and I think chickenhawk has the best idea for switch location. A lot of areas on dash doesn't have the clearance for the depth of switches and wiring.
Look at OTRATTW.net for some cool switches and switch holders for custom mounting.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I got my switches from OTRATTW as well. Same switches as anywhere else, but slightly less expensive.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ride plate I purchased the same switch panel. Any help on mounting it in the cubby?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just found a small piece of stainless steel and cut it about 1/2 wider than the cubby under key then cut in my switch holder then screwed the plate to the plastic. For the wires I just ran a 7 conductor #14 cord into cubby from 6 circuit blue seas fuse block. I used 1 wire for power and switch light power, 1 ground, then you have 4 switch legs and a spare wire. I plan on hitting separate relays with my switch legs and then power out of fuse block. Electronics Technology Electronic device Luxury vehicle Switch

·
Registered
7 Posts
I used a project enclosure from radio shack to house my 4 switches and 4 relays, it mounts nice on the dash above the speedo, its held down with 2 bolts through the dash and I have a 14ga 7 conductor wire that runs through the dash to a marine fusebox that I mounted in the same enclosure under the hood ontop of the fan shroud. The boxes are $8 at radio shack and come in 10 different sizes, they also seal well I hit both of mine for about 5 minute's with my pressure washer and the inside was totally dry.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
I used a project enclosure from radio shack to house my 4 switches and 4 relays, it mounts nice on the dash above the speedo, its held down with 2 bolts through the dash and I have a 14ga 7 conductor wire that runs through the dash to a marine fusebox that I mounted in the same enclosure under the hood ontop of the fan shroud. The boxes are $8 at radio shack and come in 10 different sizes, they also seal well I hit both of mine for about 5 minute's with my pressure washer and the inside was totally dry.
Pics?

·
Registered
974 Posts
I used a piece of aluminum I had, cut out for the rockers, then drilled and used some of the Kawasaki plastic rivets(?) to hold it in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bcalfo, would like more info on the switch panel. Brand, stock number or anything else you could tell about the installation. Like the switch mount for the winch.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts