Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the middle of replacing rings on my 2018 T4. It was burning oil heavily which was apparent on acceleration. I adjusted my valves that I found were a bit tight and it worked for about 5 hours and then became harder to start. Compression was within spec but I didn't perform a leak down. I pulled the oil filler cap and it's got a lot of blow by so I presume my rings are shot........rear spark plug was oil fouled along with buildup on the top of the rear valves. Looks like I had a little bit of dirt ingestion and over time it took out my rear rings.

I've read plenty about the earlier 750s and valves/springs being subpar but not much on the newer 2014+ 800s. I even thought about going the route of a standard bore while it's torn apart but that would end up costing much more. I've only got about 1700 miles and 230 hours on it (several months out of warranty). So I'm going with new rings and replacing at least the rear intake/exhaust valves. My question is has anybody went the aftermarket valve route? It looks like Kibblewhite makes the valves for it. I haven't see any others out there. I also thought about doing new springs too but I'm not sure if those are still a problem on the newer ones. If I go aftermarket valves I'll do them all but if I stick with OEM I'll just do the rear so long as the front look ok.

Any other items I should be addressing or replacing while it's apart besides gaskets and all? Anybody else had to do this on an 800? Ordering parts today and hopefully have it back up and running by the 4th of July.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did some searching and found more valves that appear to fit or at least cross reference the OEM part numbers and are basically the same specs.

Kibblewhite 40-40924 (Exhaust) & 40-40920 (Intake)
Vesrah GG-4050-EX & GG-4050-IN
Bronco AU-09027E (Exhaust) & AU-09206I (Intake)
Caltric OC0311VA149LL (Exhaust) - No intake listed and it includes "special steel" so it must be good :rolleyes:

I'm sure I'll just do all valves with new seals.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
ALL GEN 2 ENGINES T4 750 AND ALL 800'S DONT HAVE ISSUES WITH VALVES LIKE THE GEN 1 750S DID DOESNT HURT TO USE OEM PARTS. I HAVE 16K MILES ON MYGEN 2 T4 750 AND ONLY BURNS SMALL AMOUNT OF OIL WHEN USED AT HIGH RPMS FOR LONG PERIODS STILL RUNS GREAT. WHEN I NEED TO DO A TOPEND ILL JUST USE OEM PARTS I THINK THEY WORK

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well that’s good to hear! 16k miles is crazy too.

I’ll just go with new OEM for the rear since that’s where my consumption issue is. From what I can see so far the valves up front look new. I may even get it apart and find out the rears really aren’t bad and it was my rings helping foul out the plugs leading to harder starts. When I adjusted the valves last I also replaced the plugs too.

If I had high mileage I would just replace it all but not with only 1700 miles.

Thanks wilynick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts