Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So first pic shows stock (without dam). This will hopefully funnel air through center at 'speed' to help with heat issues in the cab. I have also removed both catalytic converters and wrapped exhaust. Driver side little bit tricky due to brake lines but not so bad. And no the wiring job is not mine but I will take care of it.

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,053 Posts
I must say, the craftsmanship on that mod is top notch!
To answer your question Andy, I removed both of my cats and didn't really notice any real difference. My passenger said it felt cooler to them, but to me, it wasn't any big change. Noise, sound and heat were virtually unchanged in my opinion. I do think his wrapping the exhaust will help though.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I must say, the craftsmanship on that mod is top notch!
To answer your question Andy, I removed both of my cats and didn't really notice any real difference. My passenger said it felt cooler to them, but to me, it wasn't any big change. Noise, sound and heat were virtually unchanged in my opinion. I do think his wrapping the exhaust will help though.
I’m sure you mentioned that before but my memory sucks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you notice a difference after removing the cat's? How do you get yours so clean? Does it ever see mud?
Did you notice a difference after removing the cat's? How do you get yours so clean? Does it ever see mud?
I made that modification before I took it out. I bought it with 180 miles on it. So to answer your question, I don't know lol. I read in the forums that heat was a big issue and many have removed the cats to help with it. They swore by it, and since I know cats are a problem with exhaust back pressure (hp robbing) and some heat I just removed them. This requires the exhaust to be cut apart and welded back together. After putting the exhaust back together I wrapped it and painted it with high temp silicone.
I live in Colorado and much of riding is in Wyoming as well so not a lot of mud holes etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts