Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2017 Teryx4 with 650 miles on it. Don't ride as much as I'd like to. Anyway getting ready to change oil and filter, and haven't done air filter yet.

Questions:
How frequently do you guys typically change your air filters when only riding dirt roads and off-road?

Do you stay with OEM filter or do you think oiled aftermarket filters are way to go?

Thx for input.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I used to swap out the factory paper Air filters with a uni or twin air When I’d buy a new to me machine. Seems everyone on forums swears stick filters are junk and let dust in....

I‘ve kept an eye on my stock teryx filter After every ride and it still looks fine. I only rode on dusty, or muddy trails. I haven’t seen any evidence of dust in the intake after the filter. I’m just gonna keep running the stock filter and When it’s time to replace it I’ll go with another stock one, maybe toss an outterwears prefilter over it? Im too lazy to deal with cleaning and oiling filters all the time.

I did pull the console off and made sure all the hose clamps from the air box to the engine are all snug after reading people here saying their engines were dusted because clamps were not tightened from new.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx Andy... kind of leaning staying 'stock also' ... oftentimes simplier and don't create other problems.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I replaced mine at 100hrs, but it still looked fine. I replaced with a stock one as well. Air intake looked very clean, and I think it's easier than oiling and cleaning the reusable ones too. I definitely don't look at mine at every ride, just every time I do any service. I too have heard the aftermarket ones are better, but I'd rather go with the ease of the stock one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts