Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished my cage chop last weekend turned out good and not that hard. I tried to document the job. P.S. don’t let people try to sell you sleeves just make your own. The cage is weak on these anyway.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
194 Posts
Good post. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
How much did you take out of the front bars?
With taking 4 inches out of the rear, did you have any clearance issues on the X bar and cooler or seatbelts?
Do you have an after picture?
PS. Great idea on using the cut pieces to center up when re-installing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How many inches off front and rear??? And as well same questions issies with sestbelts or ANYTHING NEEDING ADJUSTMENTS AFTER?? THANKS
None of the front. You would be safe with 4” off the rear. All said and done I bet I took 4.25” or more off the rear by the time I grinded and straightened the edges.
62991

0FFC8D36-D00C-45E7-B053-A23D233EB75B.jpeg
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much did you take out of the front bars?
With taking 4 inches out of the rear, did you have any clearance issues on the X bar and cooler or seatbelts?
Do you have an after picture?
PS. Great idea on using the cut pieces to center up when re-installing.
Seatbelts a-ok. I just checked the cooler fitment with a regular white marine igloo cooler and had plenty of room. When I put the cage back together I loosened the front bolts when tightening everything down. Also I double stacked washers under the front mount of the rear seats to rake them back a bit. Still had room by the Xbar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
953 Posts
The cage chop looks good. I know this was originally an older post but adding in my comment for anybody that may be searching old posts on this subject in the future.

I took 1" out of the front and 3.5" out of the back on mine. Both of my A-pillars had been dented by hitting trees or roots (deep washouts), and the passenger side was actually tweaked at the upper bend. I cut out most of the A-pillar tube and replaced it with 1.75" .090" wall DOM (this size works perfect as an internal sleeve). Kept about 3" of the original tubing at the top and bottom for the new piece to slide in to. Also made an angle iron brace at the upper bend. This should help the cage a little in an roll-over, but mainly this was done to prevent dinging up the A pillar tubes again. For the rear C-pillars I sleeved the inside of those with as long of a piece of the 1.75" tube that I could get fit inside.

Also run the SuperATV flip up windshield and it works with a 1" front chop. I have the factory poly roof and the windshield just barely clears the front roof lip when you prop it open.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top