Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing if anyone has been here before? I know they just opened up but have heard from one of salesman at a local dealer that the place is very nice. Me and a buddy or 2 are heading up there in 2 weeks to see what its all about.
Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area > Home

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
It's a bunch of yuppies that started some bs riding club so they can tell everyone what to do. It's a bunch of bs and they are just gonna run everyone off that used to travel there to ride. I used to go at least once a month with 30 to 50 sxs and atv's. They opened this thing on May 17th and I won't be going till they are gone. I have been riding up Treverton for years but we always camp with our group. It's a 2.5 hr drive. Now you can't camp or drink. You have to pay 100 per person and no kids under 18. All the locals that can run on atv's still go without permits and the crackheads from the towns still dump their mattresses and junk boats but all of us that have ridden there for years can't go without risking getting our campers towed and impounded. F the AAOA.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
It's a bunch of yuppies that started some bs riding club so they can tell everyone what to do. It's a bunch of bs and they are just gonna run everyone off that used to travel there to ride. I used to go at least once a month with 30 to 50 sxs and atv's. They opened this thing on May 17th and I won't be going till they are gone. I have been riding up Treverton for years but we always camp with our group. It's a 2.5 hr drive. Now you can't camp or drink. You have to pay 100 per person and no kids under 18. All the locals that can run on atv's still go without permits and the crackheads from the towns still dump their mattresses and junk boats but all of us that have ridden there for years can't go without risking getting our campers towed and impounded. F the AAOA.

Chilly we hate when you hold it all in like that you need to express your feelings... LMAO.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chilly so it is the old trevorton property? A know some people that have ridden there before but I never went. I know the cops never seemed to enforce anything but I wasn't willing to take a chance and getting a permit to ride there seemed impossible. Im sure you arent happy with the change but for me 100 bux to ride for the entire year seems pretty reasonable for somewhere close to home. It sure beats lost trails

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
As long as your only going for the day and not camping, You are out by sunset, and you don't take any kids you'll be fine if you pay 100 bucks per person. Not per machine. 400 bucks for my T4. The welcome center is in Shamokin and they aren't messing with anyone at the coal hills because the locals own that basically. I've never had a problem with the troopers we have seen. They would stop in our camp and talk. They saw the first thing we did everytime we got there was clean up all the trash and piled it up to burn. I passed the one town cop going into Treverton to pick up pizzas and he waved. Now this AAOA is offering rewards to turn in people without permits and they built a million dollar welcome center. They are gonna make the police enforce it mainly by towing campers and trucks with trailers while people are out riding. I can't say I won't be happy when one of the locals meth heads gets a ticket and gets pissed off and burns down the welcome center. It's gonna happen.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Being that ive never been there before I am just looking forward for someplace to ride. I understand its very frustrating for someone who has been going there for years but since NY and PA dont allow UTV's on their state lands yet I look at it as a great opportunity. I agree the prices are steep for a family with kids

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Yeah but I can't even take my kids even if I did lie and buy them permits it's 18 and over only.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
they just sited a bunch of people in trevorton for no passes and registration issues,they dont seem to be doing this over major holidays as of yet because of the income it brings.there are way to many rules to aoaa i did enjoy it when they had there benifit ride there but now there probably require a pass i dont like the the 18 and over thing either riding is supossed to be for family,they better rethink there rules

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Yeah my buddy went on memorial day a didn't have any problems but said they were patrolling more on the Shamokin side. I'm not risking getting towed while I'm out riding. You supposed to leave a copy of your permit on your dash so the first person I can copy one from I will.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Some rocky trails, some super rocky trails. Cool hill climbs at the coal hills and good mudding at Mud road. BUT IT'S ALL RUINED NOW. (Stomping my feet as I type this)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have to say i was COMPLETELY impressed with anthracite!!!! Great facility, great staff, and great trails. The trail markings were terrible but they addressing that ASAP. And according to the ladt at the front desk kids are allowed as long as the machine is rated for it. Saw several kids there around 10 years old.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Glad you liked paying for what I've done for free for the last 7 years. Lol. It's too far to go and not camp for us. Did you see whale back or Mud road? I heard cops were there ticketing people without permits last weekend but the locals are never gonna pay when they have trails to town all over the place.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I enjoyed myself and the 20 bucks was more than fair considering lost trails is more and totally inferior. Ill be back many times in the future along with my buddies

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
100 bux for the whole year or 20 bux a day. I think it's 30 for a weekend. I feel its a great value based on what I've seen in the area

1 - 20 of 20 Posts