Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , to All , I am a new member, by the way this is my first post, I have a Teryx with 15 hours two main problems :
1.- the heat (is so hot that i cant take my little son for a ride)
2.- the noise ( is to loud)
I live in Mexico so there are not to many products for this matters.
Any tips for this two issues.:dankk2:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome. You can go to Ebay and by a roll of Fat mat sound deadener its like 50 sq/yds for 70 bucks and line all the plastic that covers the engine and what ever else you can stick it on it will help with both or it did in my case. Good luck

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi & welcome, I've heard a quite a few guys say that raising the windshield or removing it helps a bunch. I don't have a windshield, so I can't speak from experience.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
definately raise the windshield if you have one or just take it off in the summer months

·
yukon teryx
17 Posts
yes mine never got hot until i put the half windshield on have not raised it up yet

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all, so i understand that more ventilation will help, I am going to install a fan to see how it goes, if it works maybee a duct of ventilation from the front to the engine. I cant understand how kawasaki Ingeiers dont solve this problem??.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When i took mine to the dealer for the recall on the roof i told them of the heat. The factory had sent a service bulliten about raising the windshield. The dealer, on there own, is going to wrap the exhaust. To me it sounds like Kawasaki is still open for feedback on what owners are doing to fix these issues so they can improve an already xtreme machine. I also turned my dealer on to this fourm so they can see these fixes for themselves.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My first problem with my Teryx was the plastic roof. At the time Kawasaki would not warranty the roof but has since issued a recall, however have already replaced the plastic roof with an aluminum one which is nice. Also had problems with the heat; removed the 1/2 windshield and it helped some but not enough. Now we need to tackle the noise problem and also more on the heat situation. In addition to all of this need to make some changes on the accelerator as unable to hold a steady speed when climbing out of some of our rocky canyons; pretty jerky. And last noticed that the steering wheel is cracked but the dealer is going to replace, hope that it is under warranty? My dealer has been great and more than willing to make things correct (Fredericksburg, Texas). Hope to have it back soon and prowling around the hills once again. Previously owned two Mules but the Teryx out preforms the Mules hands down.

·
Registered
19 Posts
HMMM. mine doesn't have an issue with heat? I have the non-LE model no windshield. It an issue. I added the power tip to my exhaust and it is a little ouder but it also gained about 3 or 4 HP it seems like.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts