Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone that recently brought home a new Teryx S LE happen to keep the Tilt Table Results Tag from the unit? It is a green and white tag that is usually hanging from the dash somewhere from the dealer. I don't know how accurate or useful this information is in reality but I'm curious if the number changed from the regular LE. I didn't keep mine but I believe that it was 37.8 degrees on a 2019 LE, anyone know what the number is on the new S model with the wider stance?

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Tilt Table was a very interesting test to watch! If no one answers you I can probably get a number for you with a phone call.

Mike
Am I assuming correctly that this number comes from them basically flopping it over from a static position? I'm interested to see the S numbers because it's a little closer in width to most people running aftermarket wheels, spacers, etc. on a standard machine and I'm curious to see if it actually makes a notable difference in stability.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Pretty much just a big ass tilting table with hydraulic cylinders. The table is tilted until one of the topside tires looses contact with the table, then the angle is recorded.

Mike

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki Teryx4 S LE in Persimmon Red
14 Posts
I just joined as you can see, and don't even have it yet. I will be picking up my new Teryx4 S LE in a couple days. If it has a tag, I will let you know. The S model is slightly wider, and slightly longer wheelbase, but it also sits higher, therefore has a higher center of gravity. The tilt angle may actually not be as good.

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
thank you for the info. So it's roughly 2 degrees more than the standard LE. I would imagine that most of us that have 2" spacers with minimal lift would be around that 39 degree mark. So if my dash mounted inclinometer hits 40* I better be hanging on! Obviously there are a lot of factors that influence that tipping point, from ride height abd added accessories, to the weight of wheels and tires and of course momentum of the vehicle, but it's still nice to see a base number.
My buddies 72" wide Can am X3 RC Turbo RR gives a result of 40.9 so it's not far off really. Not saying I am going to run the same line as him on an off camber obstacle though, haha.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki Teryx4 S LE in Persimmon Red
14 Posts
I just joined as you can see, and don't even have it yet. I will be picking up my new Teryx4 S LE in a couple days. If it has a tag, I will let you know. The S model is slightly wider, and slightly longer wheelbase, but it also sits higher, therefore has a higher center of gravity. The tilt angle may actually not be as good.
I picked mine up yesterday, and there is no tag. Glad somebody had the info.

·
Registered
2021 Teryx S LE - Candy Persimmon Red/Black
16 Posts
Anyone that recently brought home a new Teryx S LE happen to keep the Tilt Table Results Tag from the unit? It is a green and white tag that is usually hanging from the dash somewhere from the dealer. I don't know how accurate or useful this information is in reality but I'm curious if the number changed from the regular LE. I didn't keep mine but I believe that it was 37.8 degrees on a 2019 LE, anyone know what the number is on the new S model with the wider stance?
Guess I got a good one. My tilt card shows 40.1 on my new 2021 S LE

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
We did tilt table testing on vehicles at my previous job. As mentioned it's just a big steel platform that is hinged on one side and you lift the other side. The most difficult part of the test is securing the vehicle to the platform. Obviously don't want the tires to just slide down the slope or for it to completely flop over, but if you secure it too well you affect the results. In regards to somebody saying 39.7 and somebody else 40.1, they don't test every individual machine and give them different numbers. The same models should have the same numbers....not like you are going down the line of identical machines at a dealer and they all have different tilt table results.

In any case I would not go off that number for tipping over on the trail. The tilt table test is a very controlled test with the vehicle stationary. It simply moving and just running over a pebble or small stick can be enough to make it go over.

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In any case I would not go off that number for tipping over on the trail. The tilt table test is a very controlled test with the vehicle stationary. It simply moving and just running over a pebble or small stick can be enough to make it go over.
Yeah, I am definitely not using that number for anything but a general reference, I was just curious as to the difference that the 4" wider suspension made to the T4. There are so many factors that will influence that number one way or the other, and obviously forward motion on trail conditions can throw it all out the window. Really I was just playing with a clinometer and wanting to know where the official "red zone" is according to factory specs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts