Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going with the tusk now. Had the Kawasaki one delivered, and you wouldn’t think UPS could really damage a skid plate, but they sure did. They said to send it back after the damage and missing stiffener. So I got the tusk, and that box was destroyed too, and all the hardware to install it was missing. So I’m waiting on that to show up. But somewhere I was reading or watching, and they said to roll the krx on it’s side to install the skid plate. Sounds like it would be easier, but has anyone done that here? I thought maybe trying to use a chain hoist in the shop to lift the front up and get it only on its rear wheels to have an easier install. Any pointers learned to make the tusk install easier? It looks like the tusk plate wraps around the sides under the doors too. And the Kawasaki plate used 3 stiffeners and the tusk don’t have those. Add on stuff is really adding up into the many thousands of dollars. Really liking the Kawi green powder coat aluminium roof from axiom, and the flip up windshield from superATV though so far.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just run it up on ramps. I did the rear, then ran front up on them. I would never work under a suspended machine, and damn sure wouldn't roll it onto it's side.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts