Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I am looking at a set of 27" or 28" tires. Does anyone here know first hand about this tire?

I need something that can hold up to rocky terrain, so these look perfect for my application.

·
Registered
82 Posts
we didn't have any luck with them and everyone else who had them didn't likem either. swamp lites are a great tire and holding up very well in rocky conditions. if you don't want to spend the bucks on them i would go after the bias mud lites for the price of them. they wear great and hook up well for the price.

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
I'll be mounting some Highlifter MST's that I LOVE on my Vinson 500 on the Teryx very soon and will let you know. They work excellent on the Vinson.

Wrong thread sorry

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. The reason I inquired of their quality is I noticed they list Chen Shing as their rubber supplier. Chen Shing is better known as Maxxis tires.

I wanted to know how similiar the final product from GBC compared to that offered by Maxxis.

I believe the Dirt Tamer from GBC is a knock off Big Horn from Maxxis, but if its the same rubber, you would think the tires would be of similiar quality.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the 27" Dirt Devils on a 01 sportsman 500 and they work well in deep south mud. Thats the regular ones and the tread is alot deeper.
I can't say on the II's. I like the ones I have. Have the GBC Gators in 28" on a 07 sportsman 800 and have had good service out of them too. I think the company has a good product for the price.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I was considering them. I was also looking at these supergrip superlight tires. Look just like ITP mudlites, but much cheaper. I think a full set of 28's was only $325 shipped or something like that.

I also found the GBC dirt devil II on ebay for like $321 shipped.

According to their website the dirt devil II has deeper lugs than the first ones!

·
Registered
4 Posts
They have several kinds. Dirt Devil A/T, X/T, and the II's. I have the X/T's and I think they are the deepest

1 - 7 of 7 Posts