Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just recieved a letter today saying that there is a recall on our t4 for the floor. Says they will install floor board guards and replacing floor boards if the vehicle shows no signs of abuse. Anyone else get this in or had it done yet?

·
Registered
116 Posts
None for me yet.. 2012 here. That should cover the 12s and 13s right?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ours is a 2012 so I would definitely say yes it will cover it. Curious to see what the updated floor board guards are

·
Registered
18 Posts
I didn't receive the letter yet but checked at Kawasaki.com under owners info. I put in my vin number and saw there that mine was recalled. Already have damage on the passenger side. Just have it covered with gorilla tape for now. Need to find time to take it in. Saw somewhere that a dealer was charging extra labor due to an aftermarket in dash switch that they had to reinstall for someone else. uploadfromtaptalk1406595403602.jpg

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same letter I have, if they charge me extra for a simple toggle switch that is for the radio they can kiss my ass lol. No damage done to our floor boards or skids, only complaint so far is the crappy battery they put in these. Key was left on and killed a cell in the battery

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Yep, Got mine. Hope they don't run me off. Already have one floor board busted. Wonder how how much abuse they're talkin about?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats my thing also. I have one off of ours already doing the oil change, its so easy to do and they say it can take from 1 hour to 4 hours to do. I think I could change them all in 20 minutes

·
mrummel
25 Posts
I have a 2013 t4 and i got my notice today in the mail. I sure would like to see what they look like, I was just getting ready to order some on line. I hope that they are decent and fit well. If anybody has pictures or know what they look like please post a picture of them. Thanks :pepper1:

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
I got mine Saturday. I need to call to get an appointment. I just hope they don't say much about my rokteck 10" lift and 33's.....and LSR motor I just squeezed in there.......JK

·
Administrator
4,008 Posts
Got the letter yesterday. Wondering if the guards are any different than what they are putting on the 14s. I had both floorboards replaced in the spring. The junk metal guards they slapped on got replaced with JBS floor protection.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got the letter yesterday. Wondering if the guards are any different than what they are putting on the 14s. I had both floorboards replaced in the spring. The junk metal guards they slapped on got replaced with JBS floor protection.
From my understanding, they are replacing them with the '14 floorboards.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got my letter this morning. Don't know what to do, I was thinking about ordering some good protection and doing it myself. 2014 plates don't look that good, but would be better than nothing and they are free.

·
Premium Member
2,123 Posts
I wonder if Kawi will give me any money for me fixing their problem with JBS guards?? lol

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have JBS guards now, letter in trash.

Reactions: lchbowhunter

·
Registered
393 Posts
I got the same letter, called the dealer, band aid repair. Simply attaching the 2014 metal protectors if you don't have them and / or replacing broken floorboards with the 2014 floorboards.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts