Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see if any members here live near Pittsburgh and would like to go for a ride sometime!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome! Where are your favorite places to ride between Penn State and Pitt?

I recently installed a trailer hitch (and have access to a truck most weekends). I am casually keeping an eye out for a good deal on an aluminum tandem axle trailer. Until I find the right one, I am open to renting a utility trailer, loading up the Teryx and heading out for a ride anywhere within a few hours. I am around Pittsburgh most weekends.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum! Tell us about your ride. We love pics of member's rides!
Thanks! Glad to have joined!

I picked up a 2015 Teryx 2-seater a month ago.

I think that I've finished all of the "essential" modifications I felt were necessary to start off with (A-Arm Guards, LED Bar, Brush Guard, Rear Bumper, 4k Superwinch, BOSS 8" Enclosed speaker system, and a few other minor things). I started out in the fresh woods behind my house, so I was primarily concerned about protecting the Teryx while making my trails. I bought the machine at the beginning of February specifically so that I could start (and hopefully finish) some trails behind the house before nature sprung to life in the spring.

I took last week off and spent most of the time working outside. I finished widening my shed door (needed to add a foot in each direction..) and also cut a bit over a mile of trails in the woods behind the house. (Dewalt's Battery Powered Chainsaw is SICK!!! Previously had a Cobalt and it sucked in comparison).

I don't have many pictures right now, but I will take some this weekend when I am home and share with you guys! Here are a few bad ones I found on my phone..:

Turns out that I can't post links or images yet....so here is an imgur album with a few pictures:

imgur.com/a/sJ4ai

·
Registered
64 Posts
i live just outside kittanning in the country (rural valley area) we ride alot in the summer. All over the coutnry side. lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check out Four Seasons Camping Resort in West Finley Pa. Nice campground with 35-40 miles of trails. Located about an hour south of Pittsburgh.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i live just outside kittanning in the country (rural valley area) we ride alot in the summer. All over the coutnry side. lol
Awesome! I haven't ridden anywhere except for the trails that I've been working on in the woods behind my house. I'm up for a ride all over the country side once it warms up a bit! Let me know if you are planning any rides.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check out Four Seasons Camping Resort in West Finley Pa. Nice campground with 35-40 miles of trails. Located about an hour south of Pittsburgh.
Sounds like a great recommendation! I will have to check it out for sure! I pass nearby West Finley PA on I-70 quite often.

Do you go there often?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Awesome! I haven't ridden anywhere except for the trails that I've been working on in the woods behind my house. I'm up for a ride all over the country side once it warms up a bit! Let me know if you are planning any rides.
Typically, once it warms up, we ride EVERY weekend, sometimes saturdays, sometimes sundays.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm in Chicora ,Butler County

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Typically, once it warms up, we ride EVERY weekend, sometimes saturdays, sometimes sundays.
Great to hear! I'm typically only in town on the weekends, so that sounds like it will work out well. We will have to get something planned for when it warms up!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm in Chicora ,Butler County

Cool! One of my buddies grew up in Butler - now lives in Mt. Washington.

I bet there are a lot of great places to ride up around you. How often do you ride and what areas do you frequent?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not to many local because of the gas lines but we do mines and Meadows Allegany national forest going to try lost trails and Four seasons

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not to many local because of the gas lines but we do mines and Meadows Allegany national forest going to try lost trails and Four seasons

Ahhh! Didn't think of that. I'm considering heading to Mines and Meadows (or anywhere else nearby that is recommended) sometime within the next week. If I can't swing it this weekend, I've got most of the week off before going down to Miami for Music Week on Friday - so I may try to get the Teryx loaded up and head out to somewhere on the nicest day of the week.

I haven't found the type of trailer that I'm looking for at the right price yet - so I may just rent a U-Haul utility trailer for a day if I can't borrow one from a friend.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I grew up in Butler also and moved up there when I got married

1 - 20 of 31 Posts