Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive heard about some issues with early KRXs , have they been corrected ? Im considering a new one but also liking the new yamaha 1000.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Big difference between the two you are looking at? I recommend that you choose the one that fits your wants/needs the best.

Not many issues with the 20's other than some early ones that should be long gone by now. The one way bearing, knuckles/A-Arms and some clutches IIRC. The 2021's are solid but I wouldn't shy away from a good price on a 2020 if you can find one. Good luck!

·
Administrator
Christ is King
4,133 Posts
The Yamaha RMAX appears to be in the same class as the General and Commander, maybe even the Teryx 800. The KRX is a pure sport like the Maverick and RZR 1000.

Reactions: Roadies

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im thinking Im ready for a sport model but none of them seem quite as durable as a 800 teryx I have a T2 now and really have no complaints with it ,suspensions kinda stiff , like the way it goes through tight twisty trails tho ,rarely use the dump bed. Im thinking the yamaha is probably comparable to my T2 in durability and handling but more power and suspension. I like the great suspension on the KRX but its probably not as good on tight twisty trails . The most common thing Ive been hearing on the KRX is grooves in clutch sheaves , was just wondering if that and the other stuff samo brought up has been corrected . And how long are belts lasting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2020 has been pretty good. I did have the dealer replace the updated knuckles and a-arms. The only real issue on mine was right when I first got it home. One of the clutch weight dowels had a snap ring not fully seated and came loose. It worked out and made a terrible noise when it was hitting the outer cage. Simple fix and no issues since. No problems with the one way bearing. I also clean and inspect the CVT components every 1-200 miles. I have no grooves or marks on my sheaves.

The sport machines are a whole different animal. You just need to decide how the machine will be used. I have heard of some people that have had over 2k on the belts. These have a centrifugal clutch and with out a doubt, the smoothest engagement in the industry.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks samo , I think the suspension and power of the rmax is way better than my t2 but a pretty similar unit , pretty sure what I really want is a krx Im just assuming the rmax may be more durable ( could be wrong ) so just wanted to get some info. To be honest I was also thinking about a polaris trails and rocks edition but I can get a new krx for the price of a used one of those.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks samo , I think the suspension and power of the rmax is way better than my t2 but a pretty similar unit , pretty sure what I really want is a krx Im just assuming the rmax may be more durable ( could be wrong ) so just wanted to get some info. To be honest I was also thinking about a polaris trails and rocks edition but I can get a new krx for the price of a used one of those.
I had a Polaris General, and traded up to a KRX in December 2019. If you are trying to choose between the T&R edition rzr or a KRX, I'll help you out. Go KRX! I had the lower a-arm/knuckle update done and zero other issues. Little over a year old, and around 850 miles. It's an amazing trail machine, and an absolute beast in the rocks. It's not a dune buggy and it's not a drag racer, but it is the best sport machine available for everything else.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts