Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
August 2021 TOTM Winner
239 Posts
Great thread. I'm looking at a comm system too. Would love to see some pics of SDSam's setup. How do you like it so far?

Poppa, I would love to see more details on how you tied it in to that radio and what radio you went with.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed a console overhead I'm my T4 then installed the FlightCom IIsx and 4 place expansion unit. Works great so far. I also have it tied into a little Chinese dual band radio.
Here are some pix.
I'm doing the exact same setup and I really like your overhead console. Question, what did you with the extra intercom wiring plugs? Cut them off? Also, how did you wire your ham radio? Just run the ext speaker wire to the input jack on the intercom box?? How has it held up water wise?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cell service would not do much for the application I'm looking for... I am trying to figure out an in-cab intercom for occupants to talk. I went out to the garage and agree that an ammo can is much to big and cumbersome. I can probably fit the intercom box in a small canvas bag - it could easily be zipped up and protect the electronics from dust.

Has anyone used an aviation intercom in their machine?

Another option is walker's razor walkie talkie attachments that clip to their ear pro. Reviews are mixed and I'm not sure how they'd perform with the constant noise of the teryx.
Razor Walkie Talkie Attachment - Walker's
I tried my Walker’s yesterday. Not a good option.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm doing the exact same setup and I really like your overhead console. Question, what did you with the extra intercom wiring plugs? Cut them off? Also, how did you wire your ham radio? Just run the ext speaker wire to the input jack on the intercom box?? How has it held up water wise?

Thanks!!!
I'm embarrassed to say I have forgotten much of that install. Its holding up to water Peru well but I rarely get in water that gets splice the floor. Yes external speaker out of radio into intercom input. I don't recall having excess wiring to deal with. I have since that post changed the radio over to a CB and haven't tied it into the intercom yet. I so rarely ride with others that I haven't had a need for buggy to buggy comms.

·
Aug 2020 TOTM Winner
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
My toolbag intercom system continues to work quite well. The bag is bungee'd to the bar right behind the front seats and is out of the way of passengers. I bought a cheap amazon Bluetooth receiver that I use to pipe music into the system via my cell phone. It's very easy to transport and only takes a few seconds to strap in or take out of the bike.

edit to add: It is hands down one of the best accessories I bought for the bike. It totally changes the riding experience.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts