Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I can't get enough suspension reviews so I thought I'd post my review on the Gen 3 Bandit 46s.

Installation was super easy and straight forward. I had no obvious binding in the control arms with the OE shocks removed and original bushings. The most time consuming part was clearancing the upper rear mounts with a grinder. Total install time was around 1.5 hours.

I've only done a short ride but the difference is quite noticeable. Much smoother as other members have stated. Takes the edge off small to medium bumps.

I gained roughly 1.5" ground clearance front and rear. Here are some comparison shots.

Attachments

·
Registered
565 Posts
They come super soft with no preload set. Mine did. Have ya adjusted em yet? I ended up playing around quite a bit before settling yet I still adjust depending on riding conditions. I set about 1" preload and some more comp with lil bit rebound is good for me. About 13.5" clearance maybe 14 rear with my 28"(27) bighorns. Huge improvement in all conditions. Better wheel travel (No swaybar) and awesome ride. Enjoy.

Reactions: Lawdog

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tightened the rears 3 full turns after they settled down and it brought it back to about 1.5 inches of lift. I’ll do more dialing in this weekend on a proper ride and report back on the performance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The verdict is in. The bandits are awesome. 42 mile ride and almost no fatigue at the end. It's the difference between riding in an unloaded HD truck to cruising in a Brougham.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I agree, one of best things a guy can do to Teryx!

Reactions: Lawdog

·
Registered
934 Posts
I agree they are a big improvement. Last weekend I got to do a back-to-back comparison with my dad's Polaris Ranger. When my Teryx was stock I thought that the Ranger rode slightly smoother running around farm fields and water ways around his house. Now with the Bandits the Teryx rides really smooth and the Ranger feels really bouncy and rough running over the same areas.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I noticed a huge difference in mine with the Gen 3 Bandits. It's a completely different ride compared to the factory Fox shocks. I however, am looking for more performance so I purchased the Super ATV long travel kit and the Bandit LT shocks as well. I'm still waiting on the kit to arrive, but I already have the shocks and they are substantially bigger then the standard Gen 3's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I consider the Super Atv kit as well. I’d love to hear your review on the difference between the two.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Just did my most difficult ride to date last weekend. Going to adjust the Bandits some now. Love them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts